The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back on the best JZA80 forums I guess

alxns

Hi everyone,

I could have sworn I had an account here but could not find it back. No emails, no posts. Granted it's been a while since I spent time on the Supra and needed online advice.

Oh well, time for a 6-year ownership update. Also, are memberships no longer a thing?

So tracking back... I saw this thing in 2014. Called the guy, left-hand drive, MT, euro spec (put on the road in Denmark late 1994), stock twins, a few mods here and there... Listed in France, rather good price. I'm French so it was perfect. Teamed up with my brother and ever since we split the costs.

OK so we picked it up. Car was quick LOL. Nothing like anything I had driven before. He said he dyno'd it at around 420rwhp. I can't recall how much boost though. None of that single turbo 800bhp stuff but still pretty fast for me!

Anyway, super comfy on the motorway, sounded great, but LOUD. We couldn't keep the car like that. Insurance, french MOT... exhaust was the main problem. Wheels and possibly intercooler too. We wanted to make it a nice, fast factory-looking cruiser.

It was a good deal.

First thing I did was replacing the intercooler by a stock-mount one. Without good core construction and most importantly, proper cooling air intake design, an aftermarket IC can only be bad. THERE I SAID IT. What the owner installed had none of that.

If Mr Wilson is still around, I'd like to let him know that it still holds strong.

I'm just going to link an imgur post, I hope it's OK. I don't wanna spam pictures here, there's a lot. https://imgur.com/a/GWRLQ0n

Please please please let me know if you see anything wrong on any of the pictures, thanks.

Alex

Edited by alxns (see edit history)

:welcome: back

Good selection of photos

I doubt its got 420 whp as it would be up around 480 at the crank which i don't think you can get to

on stock twins and fueling

420 at the crank is more likely but still good fun :) my UK spec was around that figure

You're right 420rwhp is indeed a bit too much! I've checked some older threads on the french Supra forums and apparently he got it to around 450BHP with 1.1 bar and the APEXI SAFC. He was a dyno/tuning shop owner but did some weird stuff on the car (had a Zener diode to bypass fuel cut for instance)

You're right 420rwhp is indeed a bit too much! I've checked some older threads on the french Supra forums and apparently he got it to around 450BHP with 1.1 bar and the APEXI SAFC. He was a dyno/tuning shop owner but did some weird stuff on the car (had a Zener diode to bypass fuel cut for instance)

My UK spec with Fuel cut device, HKS Super Drager, de catted, HKS intercooler and Apexi dual cone filter

running 1.25 bar was around 415, that was on a reliable hub dyno so i'd say his numbers are very optimistic

Very optimistic is exactly how I would describe it Dnk :D I did not see actual curves, detailed specs, and given the condition of the car from when we got it, now that I know a lot more, I do not believe one second it came even close to that

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
May I become a club member again? I've found my old account, I used to be alxns7. If a red mod could contact me about enabling avatar and signature it would be perfect! Thanks

Thanks Pudsey!

Cheers from France

PM a red mod and save you hoping they spot your message in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Contact one of them directly over hoping they spot this mate.

:gayfight: