The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any facebook gurus here

peter richards

Good look with complaints to the likes of FB, eBay or PayPal. The only American gargantuan I have ever come across that has any customer service beyond a revolving help menu churn or the strange concept of a customer forum is Amazon.

ok not on the phone my home pc ,I made a purchase yesterday value £90,item described as new unused ,its a fishing reel ,package came today the reel was in the box but nothing else no spare spool or other bits that should be in there ,the seller I cant contact all messages that we made yesterday have vanished ,and cant find him either on fb search.

the reel itself is fine ,its the other items I need to enquire about ,as in the add it said unused /new which the reel is ,so theres no reason for the other bits not to be in the box

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

What i have found with FB marketplace is that unless its stated exactly what your buying in the advert you have to be a tad cautious.

I've fell foul of not reading it 100% and assuming some bits such as the " New unused" you'd expect it to never have been opened but it can be, unless stated "unopened" it's simple wording like that which can catch people out.

So unless hes stated it was unopened. He could have used the extra spool and the line reducers, and thus sold the " unused fishing reel".

unless he has also picture or explicitly said the extras are included too.

Obviously this is only relevant if a dispute was followed but hopefully he gets back in contact with you and explains and it was something forgot and not a case of the above

right for whatever reason I couldn't find im on fb ,but today I did so sent him a message ,he replied straight away ,he bought the reel from his mate who had it from new but not used it ,the spool and reducers wernt in the box, so ive asked him to ask his mate if he still has the extra bits ,hopefully he will but if not nothing I can do