The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The search begins

-Stu-

Hey, just joined from Oxfordshire, England.

I've always been a Supra fan and thinking this might be the time to get into one before they become too thin on the ground or super expensive to source.

Looking to spend some time researching (part of the fun!) to get it right as this would be a keeper - that's how I'd justify it anyway :D

Current thoughts are a 95 on RZ or a GZ aerotop with the bigger brakes. Prefer the 6MT but there is an appeal of an aerotop :cool:

I currently drive an F10 M5 and have a DC5R awaiting registration (which the Supra would replace).

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the club!

Post some photos of the M5 and DC5, always been a fan of both!

Sounds like you’re doing the right thing. Be sure to stick to your guns and find the right car. There’s a buyers guide on the home page of the forum, it’s useful to consult while viewing any potential car.

Best of luck with the search.

Josh

Thanks Josh. I'll put up some photo's later (need to read the guide :-))

The M5 is currently being detailed - great car and spectacularly quick (in a straight line!)

The DC5 is my first foray into JDM cars - Championship White with the red recaro's - still looks fresh 15+ years on to my eye

Thanks Dan. The M5 is a superb all-rounder - quite happy to pootle along and uber comfortable on long distances.

I'm not brave enough to fettle with it as want to keep the warranty given the potential for eye-watering bills. Also, traction is an issue with the power it's got let alone adding to it.

Shout if you want any tips on the F10 as I spent 6 months searching.