The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Recommendations please

kslb

Hi, I was just about to take my Supra out for the first time this year, got her all cleaned up and when I went to check the tyre pressures I noticed the sidewalls have started to crack and perish. So she needs new boots all round so I started searching for my favourite Falcon 452’s and realised how long it has been when I noticed that they are no longer available.

I started thinking that I am so out of touch when it comes to good boots for these as I don’t drive it that often I should have a look on here for recommendations.

Sizes I need are 245 35 R19 on the front and 275 30 R19 on the back. I like Falcons but haven’t had any first hand feedback on what’s currently available and am willing to try something new as well.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Keith

Whats your power level. I used to be able to wing it with a mid range on my 10J rears with a 265 tyre. The odd slop in second with the T61 at 400hp with 18s.

Now at 600 on a 13J skinny 19inch I have to use soft compound to use third gear.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Hi, I was just about to take my Supra out for the first time this year, got her all cleaned up and when I went to check the tyre pressures I noticed the sidewalls have started to crack and perish. So she needs new boots all round so I started searching for my favourite Falcon 452’s and realised how long it has been when I noticed that they are no longer available.

I started thinking that I am so out of touch when it comes to good boots for these as I don’t drive it that often I should have a look on here for recommendations.

Sizes I need are 245 35 R19 on the front and 275 30 R19 on the back. I like Falcons but haven’t had any first hand feedback on what’s currently available and am willing to try something new as well.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Keith

I have falken azenis f510 on my tte 18 wheels on the supra at min, had them on lexus to very very quiet, almost as good as the good year eagle asymmetric 5s and the Michelin pilot sport 4. Way cheaper, however they dont last or wear as well as the good years or michelins.

They don't make Pilot sport 4 for my 255/40 17" rears .. Are Michelin Pilot Sport 2's any good...all around?

I have a stock TT road use only!

I have just found out Michelin don't do Pilot sport 2's 235/45 17" for the front!

only Pilot sport 4's :rolleyes:

Edited by den1 (see edit history)

Whats your power level. I used to be able to wing it with a mid range on my 10J rears with a 265 tyre. The odd slop in second with the T61 at 400hp with 18s.

Now at 600 on a 13J skinny 19inch I have to use soft compound to use third gear.

GT67 DBB now running 600.

They don't make Pilot sport 4 for my 255/40 17" rears .. Are Michelin Pilot Sport 2's any good...all around?

I have a stock TT road use only!

I have just found out Michelin don't do Pilot sport 2's 235/45 17" for the front!

only Pilot sport 4's :rolleyes:

I have michelin pilot sport 4 size 255/40/17 on the stock rears,

Correction on the above.

After research and a close investigation of my own tyres (which has raised concerns), I've come to the to the conclusion they are a good temporary summer tyre only, and wouldn't recommend them.

Very simply;

Pilot Sport 4S's (or anything similar, including almost all other brands) are summer tyres only, and risk being damaged if you;

use them in cold conditions, store them in cold conditions, or simply leave them unused for prolonged periods in any conditions .... like say.... a multi month long pandemic lockdown?

Oh, and funny thing too ..... any and all of that of that will void the warranty on them as well.

If I ever find a quality tyre for my rim which isn't so fragile, i'll update, right now I've got nothing.

I posted in your thread Vredestein do all season but you'll need to up the profile

Eagle F1's on my BMW and no complaints....

Hankook Ventus Evo somethings (there are loads of versions EVO2 etc and I can't remember exactly what mine are) on the Supra and been on there for a few years and left out in all winter weathers with no ill effects.