The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally went and picked my supra yesterday

SUPRAMAN352020

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cricky big commitment money wise, cars must be expensive in the USA.

Fingers crossed all goes well with the next check.

I am sure we are all looking forward to any updates on what they think they need to do with the repair.

a tatty stock turbo auto with 250k miles is for sale at the mo for $40k. nice, facelift, low mile, stock are almost at $100k copuldnt find any examples of high HP cars.

Hi everyone seems like the body shop is gonna put my car on the frame machine tomorrow and start working on it finally. I will post pics up and let yall know how it goes.

Looking forward to that ;)

a tatty stock turbo auto with 250k miles is for sale at the mo for $40k. nice, facelift, low mile, stock are almost at $100k copuldnt find any examples of high HP cars.

Absolutely crazy prices.

I guess that’s why this is being taken on as a repair then.

Wow just read through the topic. In this country most would write that baby off. Good to see someone trying to keep it on the road. I suppose US prices make it worth it:blink:.

That rail took a right hammering but I suppose ultimately did it's job. Hope it straightens up ok.

Good luck and keep us updated. Shame the previous owner could handle the extra horses but I suppose it could be your gain.

• 3 weeks later...

Guy said the car will be fine once he is done the car will look like it was never wrecked.

Good news.

We write quality cars off far too early in this country. The tech out there now means s lot more could be repaired and saved.

Nice one. Still watching with interest

Agreed anything can be fixed or pulled straight but my concern is if your in another accident in this car

what happens then ?

I'm no body work expert but if pulled out properly and worked correctly most ( I will admit not all repairs) repairs will put back in the crash strength and crumple zones.

The man hour costs can be large mind.!!

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure yet what im gona be billed for. Ive spent about 5k in parts.

Cricky fair investment in parts alone then.

Hi everyone so my supra is straight and now thier gonna put it back together and i have a mechanic thats gona put the the timing belt back on and will finally know if the engine is harmed.

Here's hoping you get some good news.

Top effort for even taking it on in my opinion.

;)

Well i have not been able to find a mechanic to go install the timing belt on my car. I guess the body shop is gona put it pack together primer it and im gona have to send it to a shop so they can check the motor out. 2 mechanics have went but they dont have the tools to do it they claim theirs a special tool they need and that tool can only be used on the supra and nizzan 3oo.

Well i have not been able to find a mechanic to go install the timing belt on my car. I guess the body shop is gona put it pack together primer it and im gona have to send it to a shop so they can check the motor out. 2 mechanics have went but they dont have the tools to do it they claim theirs a special tool they need and that tool can only be used on the supra and nizzan 3oo.

That will be the crank pulley locking tool.

Its used to get the crank pulley bolt off, enabling the crank pulley damper to be removed, providing access to the lower sprocket.

• 2 weeks later...