The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from the watches country

Swisslonedriver

Hi everyone!

I'm Filipe, a Swiss resident and owner of a red '96 Supra targa (quite modified) since last september.

Very happy with it, though have been having some troubles (leaks here and there), but pretty normal for those cars, isn't it?

I look forward into sharing with you on this amazing site.

Cheers!

Hi, welcome.

Supra is an old car now so things like leaks are more common, especially if it hasn't been maintained over the years.

If the car is maintained well then there should be no reason why you have multiple leaks, unless the leak is being caused by old parts or have faulty installation.

If you make a list of the issues then I'm sure then we can all help guide you to fixing it.

What part of swiss are you from? I am driving my supra to swiss 1-2 times a year normally.

Hi, thanks!

I think this car may have been a little neglected lately.

The previous owner had not much use of it before selling it and the fact that it may have not been driven for a bit of time didn't help with rubber seals.

I already had to have the gearbox seals done and now it's the steering pump and a turbo oil return that are leaking.

For the moment I'm able to figure everything out, but should I need help, I won't hesitate, thanks.

I'm from Yverdon, near Lausanne, in the french speaking part.

Where do you come from with your car?

I'm planning a road trip across north Europe, but once I'm sure I won't stay in the middle of somewhere because of a leak (ha ha).

Hi, thanks!

I think this car may have been a little neglected lately.

The previous owner had not much use of it before selling it and the fact that it may have not been driven for a bit of time didn't help with rubber seals.

I already had to have the gearbox seals done and now it's the steering pump and a turbo oil return that are leaking.

For the moment I'm able to figure everything out, but should I need help, I won't hesitate, thanks.

I'm from Yverdon, near Lausanne, in the french speaking part.

Where do you come from with your car?

I'm planning a road trip across north Europe, but once I'm sure I won't stay in the middle of somewhere because of a leak (ha ha).

You can still buy new gaskets and seals from Toyota or online vendors for all the bits you mentioned, so will be easy enough to fix.

Cool I drive from UK and hang out in Lausanne when I go to Swiss. Maybe next time I will see you, usually I spend some time at Handshin imports with Jesse.

Thanks you all!

You can still buy new gaskets and seals from Toyota or online vendors for all the bits you mentioned, so will be easy enough to fix.

Cool I drive from UK and hang out in Lausanne when I go to Swiss. Maybe next time I will see you, usually I spend some time at Handshin imports with Jesse.

Oh, nice, I definitely need to visit Hanshin one of these days.

Have to put my car on the dyno there.

If you remember, PM me before you come, maybe we will be able to meet.

I work as a bus driver in Lausanne, so chances are I will be around.