The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car insurance

Dnk

So its that fun time of year again and searching around for agreed value

policy for the Range Rover.

Got a great quote off Lancaster but then i read lots of really bad reviews and out of 181

reviews only 24% would recommend them which isn't great.

Tried Perfomance Direct, filled out their online classic car policy form and got

a decent quote on there from Sabre Insurance, i called PD to go through the quote

i was sent to get told no one will insure my RR so whats the point in filling out their

classic car form.

They told me Sabre don't do classic policies, lmao what a joke

I've gone back to AF and they have knocked 15% off the renewal so looks like i might

be stuck with them

The thing is with bad reviews, you will only know if you ever have to use them (claim or update). Other than that, pay and be happy.

Have you tried Flux yet?

Most of these reviews commented on really poor customer service and not claims

I'm with AF now but was just looking for other options, paying £400 for 3000 miles of cover seems

a tad expensive but accept i have the value agreed at £30k and it has a new mk2 (P38) 4.6 engine fitted

I've since gone on confused and seen what it would cost me to insure a modern £30k Range Rover and

its coming in at very similar price to my agreed value policy, think i might just give up as it looks like i'm

on a road to no where :)

- - - Updated - - -

Try Hagerty at least they have a decent insurace company offering, Hicox who have a good claims and customer service reputation. It'll be a few £ extra then Markerstudy based policies but opposite end on the trustpilot scale.

I'll have a look

My BMW insurance is also due soon but SKY couldn't help with that but no problem

I'm with Esure at the moment and they are £193, just got a quote off Hastings direct for £174, i'll give Esure

the opportunity to beat it when the renewal arrives which they have done for the past 3 yrs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went with Classicline last year they were very competitive and did an agreed value of 25k with certificate and was a lot less hassle the Flux that I'd been with for years. Thankfully I've not had to make a claim so can't comment on that side of things.

I just renewed my Range Rover insurance. That didn't go quite as expected with the selected insurer, Churchill, coming out with a new angle for me. The car must have a S5 Thatcham on a current tracker contract to be insured for theft. No tracker, then no cover even though i live in a no crime rural area and the car is only on a restricted mileage social policy. I've never had that before, especially strange considering its only a £5k car. i struggle to imagine anyone would in a right state of mind pay £400 for an annual tracker sub on a really cheap and still rapidly depreciating 12 year old Range Rover; or indeed any similar car.