The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 teal blue UK 6 speed

jonc

My brother in law is looking at a cat n 94 teal blue UK mkiv.

I don't want to link where he is looking because I don't want to scupper his chances. Looks like the car threw the owner into something on the passenger rear quarter.

Does anyone know the history of the car.

All I can say is

UK Tt6 (advertised as a 5 SPD!)

Teal blue

Very very original

96k miles.

It's MOT history is superb, only one failure ever which was a bulb

1 owner from new

Looks to be a very honest car with some rather large dents in it now:(

Cheers

Jon

Any pics of the damage? Is it something that can be pulled out or is it too far gone for that?

Will be expensive to fix and repaint properly as it affects the roof too and other side of the car unless you're happy with a blend in. Probably worth the gamble given that its a UK6 and if the rest of it is ok.

Really hard to comment without seeing some good photos of it.

Does the damage go into the boot floor or the roof ? Any suspension damage ? What its service history like ?

Has it had any new parts fitted as the originals will be getting very tired now, rad, heater matrix, smic, diff cooler, ac rad. valve stem seals etc etc etc

How much is it ?

Looks like the owner threw the car into something on the passenger rear quarter.

Fixed that part anyway.

If the car can be bought for a bit less than the stripped parts could be sold for then its a good buy, otherwise why bother? if all the drive line components are good and the interior and front end are in good shape and the sub frame hasn't been buckled at the rear then the parts would probably be worth retail somewhere around £15k. Rebuilding a smashed car is hard these days as parts like the wheel housing panels are long discontinued so it'd probably be easier to reshell but then you'd lose the valuable UK VIN stampings so whats the point of that? So you'd probably need a shell to cut body parts from and shells in good condition are quite rare. It all comes down to the price as most purchases usually do and then, any written off car will always carry around that distinction unless its sold and exported.

If its the car, I think it is.Then both rear Quarters are repairable will need a replacement wing and door on passenger side.it hasn't been hit too hard to damage any subframes or running gear. also looking at the Vin plate its originally a v160 with a 5-speed gearbox fitted now

also looking at the Vin plate its originally a v160 with a 5-speed gearbox fitted now

If it is running a 5sp then factor in an additional £6k to buy a V160 box and lower my parts estimate accordingly. You see the V160 boxes advertised mainly available in the US and Japan these days pitched around $10k. Shipping is a real issue (used oil regs on or in automotive components - usually requires an I've been cleaned of all oil contamination certificate), plus the freight costs and import taxes.

Dead easy fix. To be honest id be vary wary of any UK spec nowdays. In the UK from new. Id fully expect the lower sills to be knackered. Inner arches and underside to be gone. Lets be honest most are going to need a hell of alot of metal work.

You'd think if it was that bad underneath something would flag up on the mot history, i know that wont show all possible rot areas but not one mention of corrosion in its mot history

You'd think if it was that bad underneath something would flag up on the mot history, i know that wont show all possible rot areas but not one mention of corrosion in its mot history

Mate, until you get the skirts or side ducts off there wouldnt be much indication. Another trick will be to get the spats or hockey sticks off. Or get small rubber mallet...give the sills a nice little tapping. Ive seen sills that look fine with the stone chip coating and colour. But the metal under was shot.

I wouldn’t go with the mot history either.

I'm not saying i would but its a tool which gives you some idea on the state of the car, yes i know all too well

rot can be hiding in all sorts of places, i've not long ago stripped a classic Range Rover :)

Sadly when buying these cars especially in an auction you can't really start taking bits off

to check can you, just factor in to your bid you might be into replacing sills etc

If i was seriously interested in it i'd take the day out and go have a look at it, not that

you'd be much the wiser regarding hidden rot though.

Sadly its too far from me to go just a for a look :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Very repairable, and funny the other side is scraped too, justifies the full respray! :) Obviously when its getting fixed up, get them to look and fix other issues at the same time! So some up front cost for a longer term keeper.. shame it doesn't have the 6 speed anymore though - wonder what happened to that!

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)

Very repairable, and funny the other side is scraped too, justifies the full respray! :) Obviously when its getting fixed up, get them to look and fix other issues at the same time! So some up front cost for a longer term keeper.. shame it doesn't have the 6 speed anymore though - wonder what happened to that!

I was talking about dents and paint. You must be a touchy UK spec owner? :)

I was talking about dents and paint. You must be a touchy UK spec owner? :)

Not sure what you’re going on about, my comment had and made no reference about anything you said.

I only get miffed with people generalising and talking bs about stuff, goes many ways, I think you’ll find it’s not UK car specific! :)

As the OP thanks for your input gents. I'm not going to say too much because the lads watching and bidding need to do their thing and out of respect to you who are serious in this car.

I have seen some different photos taken by my brother in law and there is definitely rust that is to be expected from a UK.

Took him out in mine yesterday and gave him a bit of a scare just to show what a BPU car can do.

He is a superb car body repairer and sprayer so I have no doubt the repairs and rust removal will be top notch if he gets it. You should see his previous projects.

I have advised on price to go to from my Sup experiance.

Good luck to those that are bidding

As the OP thanks for your input gents. I'm not going to say too much because the lads watching and bidding need to do their thing and out of respect to you who are serious in this car.

I have seen some different photos taken by my brother in law and there is definitely rust that is to be expected from a UK.

Took him out in mine yesterday and gave him a bit of a scare just to show what a BPU car can do.

He is a superb car body repairer and sprayer so I have no doubt the repairs and rust removal will be top notch if he gets it. You should see his previous projects.

I have advised on price to go to from my Sup experiance.

Good luck to those that are bidding

I bought a one owner uk supra in 2017... it had been used for approx 5k per year... cills had gone.. rear inners next to oil cooler... rear outers next to the rear bumper... front inners cabin side, behind the plastics.. becareful .. im spent 3k sorting the rust on mine...