The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Simo's J-Spec Renaissance Red RZ TT6

Simo2007

21 hours ago, Pudsey said:

That's great to hear, always interested in people's opinions of the swap/ comparison.

Especially where you gone from stock to small turbo too.

Crazy the amount of work that must have gone into the oem design, that must have been like it didn't want to be removed ha.

Best of luck with any future plans.

Indeed, at least not with the engine still in the car at least! Thanks for your kind words. 

2 hours ago, Samurai 20V said:

Excellent write up & work on you car!

I have been eyeing the similar turbo for a long time, reading this might give me the confidence to do it!

Just a question, any reason you went with the 0.81AR as opposed with the 1.0 ?

Thanks for checking my thread out. If you’re tempted I would fully recommend it. I learned a lot!

I chose 0.81AR as it was firstly an undivided housing which matched the PHR log manifold, and secondly it is slightly quicker spooling compared to the 1.0AR. In the future I may switch to the 6466 Gen 2 once I’ve got used to the power I have currently, but I suspect just dropping the 264 cams in with my current setup will push me past 500whp easily. 

• 3 months later...

Hi Mate, really nice and simple build . I'm thinking about a very similar build for next winter, using the PHR street kit with a 6266 or 6766.
Since I have a j-spec as well, with a SRD fmic, which hotside piping did you get from PHR? Did you opted for the Greddy? If so, how did it fit?

For fuel, did you order a complete kit or sourced all parts?