The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Zed V's Supra (The final say)

Guest Ken2

Hi, I'm a newbie ,

been looking at this thread with interest. Always wanted a supra but they are a bit out of my price range. I have been looking a GTO and 300zx bacause of value for money. supra is superior without a doubt but I have to say the 300zx is a better looking motor of all 3. But looks aren't everything. gotta keep saving. :respekt:

This thread is a joke/wind-up dude, don't read into it :D

If you're serious about getting one of these motors the go and take a few decent examples for a test drive and make up your own mind. Members of each owners club will be happy to help you out :) Which part of the 'sunny south east' are you from?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL bless them. Surely they are more mature than this?

I kno they are having a giggle fair enough, but posting it here is obviosly gonna cause a reaction. Seriously Z boys, go back to your village's, people are missing their Idiots

\\edit - just read thier thread and browsing some of there pics, i may just add they really havent aged well, im sure my grandad had one many many moons ago :shrug: why are people bothering to compare them? the supe costs easilly twice as much, is faster in pritty much every aspect and is a hell of alot more reliable.

As i was saying, Idiots and Village

Personal taste, totally subjective...

It's interesting how they didn't want to see the Toyota leaflet with the point-to-point comparisons.

I wouldn't post a direct link from my webspace, in case it gets inundated (they may pretend they're not interested, but download activity could tell another story, lol....)

Would it make sense to have it uploaded somewhere on this forum?

Mods/admins?

Guest Skippy
The only decent Jap car that came out of Nissan - imo - is the Skyline.

Errr technically that's incorrect. Prince are responsible for all things Skylark...not Nissan! Get yer facts right. :p

Hi all, thought I'd add my tuppence worth in. IMO the old 'stock supra is faster than stock Zed....' argument is a waste of time anyway. A Zed running 400 hp is going to be faster than a Supra running 330. A Supra running 500 is going to be faster than the Zed,and so on. It just comes down to how much money you have to chuck around. Maybe you can do more on a Supra for less but its still big cash. Supras age better under the engine bay but fifty percent of Supras and Zeds have rebuilt/modded engines anyhow, so thats irrelevent. Looks are a personal thing but IMO the Zed is better looking because its more subtle whereas the Supra is very in your face (and the unfortunate maxpower popularity lately). End of the day we all drive the cars for similar reasons; an affordable supercar. I wave at all jap performance cars, although the majority of non-Zeds don't wave back so I just look a fool. But I feel warm inside knowing I'm spreading the love! Most of these arguments are common knowledge. Most people know that Toyota went back to the drawing board because of how good the Zed was, and made the Supra so it could beat the Zed for the salesmen. I don't argue with this but I do think that for starters the differences are minimal, and secondly most Zeds and Supras are modded in some kind of way anyhow. The stock standard Zeds are usually in worse condition than the Supras of the same age due to heat under the engine bay, but personally if I was going to buy either I'd want to recon the engine and add mods anyhow. Dave :ecstatic: :looney: :scare:

ps you guys have better smilies! :violin: :drown:

Royal - though most Supra's are modded...we don't have to rebuild the blocks unless they are deffo damaged, and you have to do something very very wrong to damage them.

980RWHP on a stock block has been managed in the States what's the best you guys have managed on a stock block? Not arguing just stating that the 300ZX is more fragile, period. But we're glad it was made as it did force Toyota to go to town on the MKIV.

The Supra! Jim-supra's father has a 300ZX and we went out in it, dont get me wrong its fast, but by no means as much torque as the Soop - lets face it torque is where its at.

I used to like 300's until I compared them to the soop, next to a toyota, they are big fat bloat-wagons, with dials that would look more at home on a toaster.

Mmmmmmmmmm, toast.