The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MET Parking & DRP - advice?

JackyBoi

I’ll try to keep it short!

On 30/03/17 I visited McDonalds twice (I know I’m terrible) once at around 6pm and again around midnight. On the first visit I was forced to exit the carpark on the opposite side of the road as a car with hazard lights on was blocking the road, and because of this the cameras did not register my vehicle leaving. So when I came back later on that night and left again they thought I had been there for 6 hours or something daft. MET sent me a £60 PCN, I appealed it explaining exactly what happened, it was denied and so I continued to decline any payment to them. They raised it to £100, I continued to decline. They then had DRP Ltd get involved and have sent me NUMEROUS letters demanding a £160 payment or ‘we will advise our client to take court action’, so again I ignored them and all was quiet for a while. Then recently I received another one even more laughable than the previous ones, so first I sent MET this email:

I then called DRP very briefly to explain the same thing and the very nasty & miserable lady on the other end told me again they will advice MET to take court action against me.

I’m not really expecting this to actually go to court, but I was curious to know what exactly is likely to happen if it does. I’m more than certain there will be a few on this forum who have been through similar to this!

Any help is always appreciated guys :thumbs:

The debt recovery co can't do anything but keep sending letters - ignore them and take them off your Xmas card list - in the very rare event that it went to court , you would most likely win .

Unfortunately you are not allowed to find the debt co address and go there and intimitdate them as they are trying to do to you - karma yes , legal no - mores the pity ...

If their system isn't foolproof them they only have themselves to blame. If a vehicle or person in front of the camera can cock up their abilities to measure people's time on the car park then they need to mount them in a position where they can't be obstructed.

I would just put together a written response and reply with it to all concerned. Don't just not reply as that doesn't look good on you. Also, don't waste time on any phone calls, written correspondence only from now.

H.

Usually the land owner , rents land to the companies on it McDonald's , service station etc , the land owner also owns the parking company - it's complex as on entry you enter a contract with the parking co all done by the entrance sign - usually with a massive "FREE PARKING " sign and much smaller 2 hrs only sign , it's never really explained how you get a parking ticket for over the 2 hours and often hard to find the ticket sales in the building.

Only the land owner can take you to court and it's very tenuous if any court would find against you , questions like why don't you have a barrier to enter that is manned or ticket machines or a timed ticket available , that's nor counting the recording of number plates and access to people's address and data .

There are highway signs on motorways - telling you to take a break if tired - just as long as you are not two hrs tired !!!!!

Motorways are the arteries for the whole country and its scandalous that this practice is allowed , it's a scam and people should go to prison for running them , millions of people are living on the edge , and the threat of another £100 owing is just added to the pressure .

It's not like the services offer a reasonable price either - profits must be massive and in all likelihood offshore and no tax paid

People should not tolerate it ......

Its only if they get a solicitor involved are they actually serious about taking it to court. Same happened to me for a parking charge which I know I had paid for, let them send as many letters as they wanted and when it actually got to court I sent in my bank statement as evidence and it got thrown out. However by the sounds of it just leave them too it and let them take you to court, will get thrown out in the pre-trial if you prove you paid for it and submit your evidence.

But surely the NPR cameras would see that you went in twice. therefore must have left at least once? but the cameras didnt detect you? that should be pretty obvious if they actually look into it rather than automated emails and fines.

But surely the NPR cameras would see that you went in twice. therefore must have left at least once? but the cameras didnt detect you? that should be pretty obvious if they actually look into it rather than automated emails and fines.

There would have indeed been another photo of me entering the carpark later on at around midnight, but obviously they would not supply me with evidence that would support me! The only 2 images they presented to me was 1 entering at ~6pm and again leaving at midnight

JB,

McDonald's has no direct control over the parking system but they can approach the parking agency to ask for a waiver.

You will need to revisit the McDonald's where the alleged issue took place and ask for the Business Manager (BM) or the 1st Assistant who may be able to write a note to the company on your behalf.

Tell me how you get on.

All the best,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...