The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought my first motorbike!!

foggy147

Well I sold my Supra recently to fund getting my bike license and getting a bike. Just fancied a change so cannot wait to be able to get out on the bike once I finish my direct access course.

Here she is, a kawsaki er6f 2009 with only 7k miles on the clock in the famous kawsaki green. Got it based on reviews and obviously love the colour and look, seems to be a good choice for a beginner. Pretty sure it will.be more than quick enough for my needs!

Welcome to the brotherhood foggy.

Been on the road about six months myself and it was the best idea I've had so far.

Watch out for rear wheel lockups on sharp downchanges. I've had a couple of moments where I wasn't paying enough attention to the revs on the v twin while using the gobs of engine braking available and the rear came out for a giggle. That was on dry roads. Parallel twins are supposed to be even more prone to this behaviour. It's not unpleasant but I can't imagine that it's as big a hoot on a wet road.

But whatever you do have fun dude.

Very nice, I too am entering the bike world after talking about it for years. Did my CBT a few weeks ago, passed my theory last week and have mod 1 booked for monday. Bought a lexmoto 125 to practice on for a few weeks but goal is to get a new Vulcan S - funnily enough I think the same engine as the bike you have.

I've been buying all the gear, but drew the line at getting the Vulcan till I've actually passed!

Good luck!

Very nice, I too am entering the bike world after talking about it for years. Did my CBT a few weeks ago, passed my theory last week and have mod 1 booked for monday. Bought a lexmoto 125 to practice on for a few weeks but goal is to get a new Vulcan S - funnily enough I think the same engine as the bike you have.

I've been buying all the gear, but drew the line at getting the Vulcan till I've actually passed!

Good luck!

Good luck with it mate! Good idea to have a practice bike. IL be using all of the train centres gear until I've passed before mine gets out.

Took delivery of all my biking gear at weekend and you do feel badass wearing it lol!!

• 4 weeks later...
Would argue that the MOD2 is the easier bit if you can drive a car, not much too it.

I hear so many mixed opinions on which is easier, personally I think the MOD1 is easier as there isn't much to go wrong if you can control the bike. So many more potential issues being out on the road, even get failed for not cancelling the indicator!

Nice one! I failed my mod 1, clipped a cone at the start. Had a retest tomorrow but had a call earlier - test centre closed due to moss on the surface! Gutting as had mod 2 training booked for sunday, test next week. Really pain now...especially as I've put a deposit down on a new Tracer 700 :(:(:(

I passed mine a few months back but haven't been out yet! I did it over a few weekends, wasn't too bad, and my old mans given me his kawazaki gtr1000 tourer, ill get a little experience on that then ill get myself a gsxr600 when i feel ready!

Just jump right onto the 600 dude, the danger part really is the rider (if you have no self control thats where you will get into trouble). I got my first sports bike recently, a 600RR and it's easier to ride than my old 125. Much more stable.

Yea i was planning to get one straight away, but its more the fact my moneys being pumped into the car so ill use the kawazaki for now till im set to buy a gsxr, im going to try and make the most of the last remaining decent weather though, i don't want to have a licence and never use a bike!

• 4 weeks later...
Just jump right onto the 600 dude, the danger part really is the rider (if you have no self control thats where you will get into trouble). I got my first sports bike recently, a 600RR and it's easier to ride than my old 125. Much more stable.

The danger part is everyone else on the road ;)

Did you pass your Mod 2 Foggy? I finally passed my mod 1 yesterday, even though I messed up the uturn (foot down). Really chuffed, MOD 2 in 2 weeks!!!

Hi mate, completely forgot about this post!!

Yeah all done and dusted, been enjoying a few weeks on the bike and absolutely love it. Best bit is commuting and not being stuck in traffic. Put it away now until next year but it will be replacing the car when the weather comes good again.

The danger part is everyone else on the road ;)

This man is talking sense.

Just ride on the basis that almost nobody can see you and those that can are hell-bent on killing you.

That covers most everyday situations and it's working for me so far. Plus a healthy dose of reality and imagination usually keeps me from riding the bike in such a manner that I end up being the offender/pleb.