The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1A1 Anthracite Single Turbo Auto J-spec

Tsia

Hi guys,

The time has come to look at selling up, having a silly fast car isn't always the best idea when you're saving for a new home! :( and I also really miss my old MR2

I've had the car since 2014 when I bought it from SkydiveMacca, who had not long bought it from Ben San - both members of the forum (so you can dig around on a bit more of the car's history if you'd like!) originally as a fairly stock TT auto. Not long after I had it, it started smoking so I had the twins rebuilt... which proceeded to smoke almost straight away again. Turns out it had contamination in the engine and it needed to be rebuilt. Therefore, quite an extensive bit of work has gone in to this... spec below.

Single build bits:

Rebuilt head

Rebuilt engine (86.5mm pistons, CE I believe but will verify)

New cams (Stock)

Whifbitz twin wastegate manifold

2 x 40mm turbosmart wastegates (connected to two screamer pipes)

Borg Warner S362 turbo

Mishimoto intercooler

New Mishimoto radiator

Link G4+ ECU

DavidP shimmed A340E gearbox (Recently replaced gearbox, fully serviced before fitting the new one)

4 x Goodyear asymmetric tyres (all less than 1,500 miles)

Proper coolant overflow tank (ignore the bottle in the picture below, it was temporary! Will replace picture.)

SARD 800CC injectors (all flow corrected etc.)

Turbosmart BOV (Lots of flutters. It's nice.)

Whifbitz coil packs

Came with car originally:

Bilstein shocks (lowered 30mm)

A02B Diff

UK brakes

Rota GTR/GTR-D wheels (18")

Heckler LED converted dashboard. This looks amazing at night - will grab a better picture soon.

Whifbitz 4" twin box exhaust

Other bits of information:

M plate J-spec car (GZ with UK brakes) 1995

285,000 on the car, much less on the engine

MOT expires January 2018

The body itself is a high miler (280,000 KILOMETRES ish) but it's done less than 3,000 miles since the rebuild. Truthfully, the rebuild went on so long and cost me so much that I sort of fell out of love with the car. I haven't skimped anywhere on the spec, which is hopefully visible above. It has a nice, low grumble on idle but really comes to life when you get on boost with the screamer pipes. I don't think it'd pass on a track day, but it sounds bloody amazing. The car was built with a target of a fast spooling 600bhp, which I can verify it certainly feels like. I haven't had the car properly put on the dyno since I got it back though.

Bad bits:

Spoiler is only roughly painted, could do with a proper spray and polish up. The carbon is absolutely fine though.

Small spot of rust appearing around the rear windscreen

Passenger side skirt is cracked. I got a bit too close to the kerb one day :(

All four wheels could do with a refurb. Fine from any sort of distance, but up close you can see they're chipped.

Usual little dings on the doors, nothing too harsh, but they're there.

Could do with an hour with someone that knows Link ECUs - boost is limited to 0.8 bar in second gear by the ECU, originally to prolong the life of the gearbox, although it's no longer an issue with the DavidP box.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

I absolutely welcome any inspection or questions and will happily take you out in the car. Based in Milton Keynes.

Asking £14,500

No worries, it's probably stuff I should have included in the first post :D

Everything in the single setup was brand new and I've got invoices to back this all up.

It has a Walboro (425?) pump and I'd imagine that the lines were replaced (as basically everything was) but I'll find all of the invoices later tonight to verify that. I'll try and nip home in my lunch break to take a picture of the engine bay from a few more angles.

And yes I'm around this weekend :)

No worries, it's probably stuff I should have included in the first post :D

Everything in the single setup was brand new and I've got invoices to back this all up.

It has a Walboro (425?) pump and I'd imagine that the lines were replaced (as basically everything was) but I'll find all of the invoices later tonight to verify that. I'll try and nip home in my lunch break to take a picture of the engine bay from a few more angles.

And yes I'm around this weekend :)

Great, let's pm a plan to view this weekend

Just wanted to say nice Supra. I think it was early last year, one evening I was in MK just out for a drive in either my black Alfa or yellow Ibiza and ended up following this around for a bit, I thought it was n/a until you stopped messing around with me and the turbo started spooling and it left me for dead! We did a few carriageway blasts before you turned off at a roundabout.. sounded nuts :D

Any way, I ended up buying a Supra a few months later :lol:

Seeing the plate jogged my memory!

GLWS

Cheers :D

Price reduced to £14,500 - the neighbours aren't best pleased about the number of cars I've got floating around at the moment and need to get it shifted :( I've also added a note that the boost is limited in 1st and 2nd to 0.8 bar, then up to 1.2 in 3rd and 4th. If I had the confidence messing around with boost levels on the ECU, I'd give it a go... but I don't. I'm sure it's an easy to change option somewhere(?)

Cheers :D

the boost is limited in 1st and 2nd to 0.8 bar, then up to 1.2 in 3rd and 4th. If I had the confidence messing around with boost levels on the ECU, I'd give it a go... but I don't. I'm sure it's an easy to change option somewhere(?)

Maybe that was deliberate to protect the auto box on launch?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.