The mkiv Supra Owners Club

knock sound in the front **Solved***

jza800

Hi All

I have some knock sound in the front suspension, it can come and goes, and only when turning.. i have changed the adjustable suspension from h&r.. but had the knocking sound too the the other suspension.. what parts should i get a look at???

had the same problem on mine for years, turned out to be LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHES!. The big bolt that goes through the arm seizes up in the metal insert in the bush. undo the nut on the end, blast loads of oil into the joint then lower/raise the car couple of times on its wheels and it should loosen up!

had the same problem on mine for years, turned out to be LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHES!. The big bolt that goes through the arm seizes up in the metal insert in the bush. undo the nut on the end, blast loads of oil into the joint then lower/raise the car couple of times on its wheels and it should loosen up!

Did that only klonk or did it squeak ???

Pretty sure i did found the problem now, the lower control arm ball joint have dried out.. any body else had that problem????

These cars are at an age where suspension bushes are becoming worn and need replacing. Lots of people doing or wanting to do suspensions rebuilds to future proof thier cars before parts disappear.

Problem solved. it was the lower control arm ball joint that did make that sound... happy man but with a bill on 900 usd for 2 new control arms :(

Whats their part numbers, toyodiy i think have them listed for a lot less than that, 300 euro each