The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 750bhp Bayside Blue Supra

a98pmalcolm

Let's be honest the good thing about being a forum car and well known is you can look back over thread history and check all is well. This car is a prime example of that. Any issue Paul has flagged and rectified regardless of cost and with top parts.

So who cares if there have been issues, if he's disclosing them and sorting them properly with thread history to prove it, which Paul is, then this is a car worth every penny and a genuine seller worth buying from.

My opinion of course.

I much prefer the honest approach - it would actually make me more inclined to buy from somebody with the integrity and transparency to be open and honest about the car's life in their ownership. Sure, most cars of this age will have suffered some form of issues, maladies and problems over their life, I see nothing wrong in stating that that has been the case and that they have been sorted with the right parts. Some people on here should keep their dumbass opinions to themselves particularly in a for sale thread for such a superb car.

Let's be honest the good thing about being a forum car and well known is you can look back over thread history and check all is well. This car is a prime example of that. Any issue Paul has flagged and rectified regardless of cost and with top parts.

So who cares if there have been issues, if he's disclosing them and sorting them properly with thread history to prove it, which Paul is, then this is a car worth every penny and a genuine seller worth buying from.

My opinion of course.

/QUOTE]

That's the exact reason I have documented anything good or bad on my supras on their build threads. Great if/when the day of sale comes. A true buyer will go though it and have any questioned answered.

Aww guys :D

Really appreciate the kind words Greg and others, nice to see that people appreciate the way I approached my way of advertising. Many members and even non members know the problems I have had during the project and I feel confirming the problems have been rectified and only with the best parts.

I didn't want people that was aware of the problems I have had due to me moaning about them when they happened thinking that I was trying to be sneaky and sell someone the car with the problems still there.

I wanted my advert very clear, very honest and if people where anyway put off buy that well.. I wouldn't want them owning this car that I have but over 50k into and so much effort.

Maybe Rider you feel you can bolt on a big turbo, map the car and run 1000bhp, and then engine goes thus it must have not been a well maintained engine.. LOL! So yes it A LOT (not FUK all as you would put it) to do with the power its running that has caused the issues I have had.

That is all :)

Its not that, its the fact to you that you feel the car has had problems due to it not being well looked after and maintained....

I don't think about that at all as its not a car that would interest me. Rather its a comment that could lead to that conclusion or even misconception. It also bags people to raise a question 'so what problems have you had?'. Discussing problems past, present or imaginary is never a good frame of mind to get anyone to buy into a sale and it can only detract from the value you can realise. You are inviting a negative opening discussion, around problems. When, as you say, they are all fixed so not really relevant.

Why offer up an open goal to have buyers come beat you down with when, its not at all relevant to the car as its being sold?

I was only going off from what you said

Never having had a problem with a Supra it is always surprising to me when people have problems which I tend to assume is down to the car not being cared for its entire life

Its far from an open goal as I said I have sorted the problems and listed the latest parts over the past 12 months and its relevant to me to be straight up.

Especially if someone sees the add thinks "hmm he had an ignition problem 12 months back but nothing is said about it"

We and most people here obviously have a different view to you. Which is fine as its juts a matter of opinion.

Thank you for your comments back and I will continue to reply to people that are interested in my car.

I don't think about that at all as its not a car that would interest me. Rather its a comment that could lead to that conclusion or even misconception. It also bags people to raise a question 'so what problems have you had?'. Discussing problems past, present or imaginary is never a good frame of mind to get anyone to buy into a sale and it can only detract from the value you can realise. You are inviting a negative opening discussion, around problems. When, as you say, they are all fixed so not really relevant.

Why offer up an open goal to have buyers come beat you down with when, its not at all relevant to the car as its being sold?

When you will you learn to just shut that tramp mouth of yours. You're the reason his for sale thread has any negativity on it. Just be gone.

• 1 month later...

Having seen this car and the owner being an absolute gentleman taking me for a long and thorough test drive I can put my long lasting membership on the line and say this car is faultless. It goes like an absolute b@stard! The sound, power and the way the car puts it all together and onto the tarmac is absolutely unreal! Anybody who buys this car (i hope i get my finances in order and snap it up) will not be dissappointed. The car does demand a price tag, but honestly try replicate this build and the attention to detail and you will soon be remortgaging the house! there is so much in the flesh the car has that may not even be listed but honestly hats off what a machine and what an iconic supra, don't let this car go abroad guys, lets try keep it in the UK!

awesome awesome awesome car!!!

Having seen this car and the owner being an absolute gentleman taking me for a long and thorough test drive I can put my long lasting membership on the line and say this car is faultless. It goes like an absolute b@stard! The sound, power and the way the car puts it all together and onto the tarmac is absolutely unreal! Anybody who buys this car (i hope i get my finances in order and snap it up) will not be dissappointed. The car does demand a price tag, but honestly try replicate this build and the attention to detail and you will soon be remortgaging the house! there is so much in the flesh the car has that may not even be listed but honestly hats off what a machine and what an iconic supra, don't let this car go abroad guys, lets try keep it in the UK!

awesome awesome awesome car!!!

Thanks for the kind words mate, and it was nice to meet you. Didn't mind taking you for the drive as its an excuse to drive it ;)

Will be at Suprapod this year doing runs. No rush to sell as it need to be the right buyer :)

• 2 weeks later...

I must have viewed this thread every day for the last few weeks haha. What a beaut.

Bit of a curveball but how do you fancy an Evo 8 RS + cash? If it's something you'd consider I'll send you pics and more info, if not then I hope she finds another caring home!!

• 1 month later...

Car has now sold.

Feeling a bit emotional.

Good news is that it has remained in the UK and on the forum.

They new owner is now on his 3rd Supra and he is a genuinely a nice guy, so I'm settled it is going to a good home and will be well looked after.

I will remain a member here and still post as I feel apart of the Supra community.

Car has now sold.

Feeling a bit emotional.

Good news is that it has remained in the UK and on the forum.

They new owner is now on his 3rd Supra and he is a genuinely a nice guy, so I'm settled it is going to a good home and will be well looked after.

I will remain a member here and still post as I feel apart of the Supra community.

No way Paul! Please for you and a little bit sad too mate. What’s next?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.