The mkiv Supra Owners Club

July meeting

Radio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Being a newbie I've been looking to find where local meets are as I live in Newcastle under Lyme.

Have I got the location & date correct - The Swettenham Arms near Congleton on 25th July?

Is it ok to pop along to meet everyone for a chat etc? If so what time is everyone usually outside around the cars as It looks like you're booking a meal?

Cheers

Paul.

Hi Paul. Welcome to the fold, your very welcome along (with or without a supra) and partners too. We usually meet anytime about 7.30 with the a view to going in to sit down 8ish. your close enough for Congleton but just to let you know the majority of the group are proper northern monkeys and we spread the burden of travel (or more time in the Supra if your a glass half full type of guy) month by month. Sometimes Warrington or Wigan.

Will you join us for food? let us know so I can book a table

Christian

Table booked for 18 People 8pm Swettenham arms.

There is a classic car meet and I've asked for a space for us to gather our JDMs to one side so not to annoy the locals. Ill probably look to arrive for 7ish to enjoy the summers eve.

http://www.swettenhamarms.co.uk/contact-us/

The Swettenham Arms

Swettenham Lane,

Swettenham Village,

Near Congleton,

Cheshire,

CW12 2LF

Hi Paul. Welcome to the fold, your very welcome along (with or without a supra) and partners too. We usually meet anytime about 7.30 with the a view to going in to sit down 8ish. your close enough for Congleton but just to let you know the majority of the group are proper northern monkeys and we spread the burden of travel (or more time in the Supra if your a glass half full type of guy) month by month. Sometimes Warrington or Wigan.

Will you join us for food? let us know so I can book a table

Christian

Thanks Christian, unfortunately I don't think we will join you for food but will be good to see other members cars as there doesn't seem to be any others nearby. Only had my NA a few months so will be good to get fellow members advice on possible future upgrades.

Look forward to meeting you all next week :-)

Oo a Newcastle owner. Maybe we can travel down together if you decide to go?

/QUOTE]

Are you local to Newcastle Staffs, depending on what time you are planning to start off we could of course travel together? Have to get the Mrs to check her shifts to get an idea of what time we'll set off.

Indeed I am mate. Would like to set off at 18:30 or 18:45. May take us awhile to get through congleton at that time.

/QUOTE]

The traffic should be quiet by that time and if you're coming in on the A34 you'd miss it all anyway. Turn left after the Mazda MX5 garage (Paul Sheard Autos) and it'll take you straight towards Swettenham ;)

The traffic should be quiet by that time and if you're coming in on the A34 you'd miss it all anyway. Turn left after the Mazda MX5 garage (Paul Sheard Autos) and it'll take you straight towards Swettenham ;)

Also sounds good to me. When the mrs gets her rota Friday I'll let you guys know if i can make it to the mazda garage for that time to go together :-D

Just looked on Google maps, wow this is a challenge to get to :D according to Google maps its 1:30 hours away so it maybe nearer 7:30pm before we get there as I only get home from work at 6pm .... Looking forward to it should be a good turnout and a bit of classic car meeting there too :D

Cheers

-Ian-

Edited by Ian Ian (see edit history)

Can you make it mate? Do you want me to wait for you?

/QUOTE]

Definitely going but the good lady doesn't get home till after 6:30 so going to be nearer to 7pm before we get to the Mazda garage. Is that going to be ok with you?