The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do I have a leaking head gasket/ intake gasket leak? (video)

k222bye

This is simple condensation lol, you guys are simply scaremongering this guy! If it's cold and damp outside, most Supras will throw this amount of "smoke". All mine was doing this over a years and none of them ever had any problems with headgasket/coolant leaks/oil burning. If it stops once Supra is warm than you have nothing to worry about.

Think if you read a few posts back the car was up to temperature and still doing it

The temp goes to about half way and stays there. It warms up gradually. Takes about 10 minutes. And i agree. It looks a lot like coolant :(

I leave my car 5-6 weeks a time during winter (on a driveway outside) and i dont get half as much smoke as that from a dead cold start

IMO in a heated garge for 6 weeks at this time of year (hardly jack frost weather) it shouldnt be doing what its doing in that video, especially if its already been running a while

UPDATE

The HC sniff test turned out to be good thank God. Followed the procedure, ran car for 20 mins. Watched smoke which was pretty thick but cleared up. Did the sniff test and fluid stayed blue. Did the test 3x and it stayed blue each time. Then i got the tester and put it in the exhaust and immediately the fluid turned yellow.

SO NO BHG!

IMG-20170325-WA0004.jpg_20170325_114644.jpg

It was me just being extremely paranoid but better safe than sorry. Coming from a scooby i have never ever seen a car smoke that much.

On a side note my nephew wanted to race. But I accepted defeat. No point fighting a lost battle.

_20170325_114346.jpg

Edited by k222bye (see edit history)

Good news then but i'd of done the test with the tester actually on the radiator

I tried but it didn't fit :( so i let the coolant circulate for while and did this test 3x. Even took a sample of coolant from radiator and did the sniff test on that. Still blue. I'll try get an adapter that comes with them anti spill funnels and do it with them.