The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheeler Dealers.... Ed is off!!

KamaSupra

Lots of editing on the Ed video, wonder what he was saying that didn't make the cut? It had got a bit too States side dominated, well really a lot to States side. But watched their 67 Mustang Fastback rebuild and ended up importing a 65 Mustang Fastback so it probably raised the knowledge and appeal of American metal over here. Pity it wasn't just franchised to rather than taken over by the Yanks.

That series was so slow. It was like watching the inception, gestation and then oh yes, its born.

That was the point though, it was to show what could be done by what was effectively a total amateur home mechanic,

abit like WD it pushed you to go and give things a shot yourself, Yeah it could be alot better and with someone like Edd who can articulate the technicals alot better than Mark Evans did, I liked those series though they properly showed the build from end to end

I loved the older WD episodes where we got to see in depth how he fixed things and restore the cars, It has helped me quite a few times when working on my own cars. After they went state side the quality dropped a lot and we did not get to see how he fixed and restored things, just the finish product. After that I pretty much stopped watching. Hopefully we get to see more from Edd either on Youtube or a different program. I have to agreed with above the Mark Evans series was really fun and I learnt a lot watching those, wouldn't mind if Edd started up something similar.

Not surprised by this at all, gutted to see him go but understand his reasons!

So he's working on other projects......... should be interesting to see what he does next, will always love the original old episodes, never get bored of re-watching them 2 or 3 times :D

Not surprising at all. My dad loves the show and I have seen quite a few episodes too. It was very intersting hearing his comments in that video regarding the format changes to the show. When I watch these other car shows in the US they are all just shitty docu-soaps. The shows are not about cars, they are about the idiots that work in these places or the stereotypically racist "characters" they throw in.

It's the same when they changed Top Gear in 2001/2002. The new show is about stupid shit that you would see on any entertainment show; this just has a car theme. The old show was about car reviews, and nothing else, and that's not what makes the most money.

I prefer Car SOS anyway (although Tim Shaw is possibly more annoying than Mike Brewer...).

Like people above have said, WD lost it's way over the pond. I don't give a shit about a yankee pickup truck being given the 'rat look'? I wan't to see a mk3 Cortina being brought back to showroom condition, and the family strife backstory is a nice added extra.

Well done to Ed for retaining his integrity and not just chasing the cash.

I know people's opinions of him vary but I'd quite like to see Ed do a show with James may. Same sort of format with James playing the less informed character (though much more informed than Mr Brewer) would mean you could make a show with just the right amount of technical.

Concentrate on cheap classics as per, but pretty much ignore bodywork. No-one want to see Ed sand down yet another piece of bodywork for the millionth time. Go into more detail in doing the particular common problems with that car. Basically imagine the FAQ areas of owners club forums being made into videos.

I prefer Car SOS anyway (although Tim Shaw is possibly more annoying than Mike Brewer...).

Like people above have said, WD lost it's way over the pond. I don't give a $#@! about a yankee pickup truck being given the 'rat look'? I wan't to see a mk3 Cortina being brought back to showroom condition, and the family strife backstory is a nice added extra.

Well done to Ed for retaining his integrity and not just chasing the cash.

Yeh ditto this ,these shows seem to have an irritating git

requirement on them !

That series was so slow. It was like watching the inception, gestation and then oh yes, its born.

The "Is Born" series were documentaries, not dumbed down TV fodder for people with a 45 minute attention span. I liked WD with Edd but it was utterly contrived, and the product placement got on my nerves.

I like the notion but it sounds a bit too niche for a general audience. People like to see a nice shiny gleaming finished product.

I'm not thinking "how to install RLTC on a vvti supra" more like "how to replace valve stem seals". They wouldn't be niche as the tasks would apply to a lot of different​ cars. However it would be good to show the task being carried out on a car that is known for that issue.

All the cars would look a bit grubby to start with and be polished up before sale, however I'd rather see a variety of mechanical tasks rather than "oh look, Ed's got his dust mask and sander out again. Oh but on a red car this time..."