The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WANTED - tt6

raddys

Hi guys... i may possibly be after a tt6, ive searched through selling pages but i cant see anything i like or anything in as good condition as mine.

I could px mine or just buy a tt6 if its perfect.

I dont really have a colour preference however gun metal, red or black would be perfect.

Below is a short spec of my current supra that ive copied from a thread i started in the 'supra chat' section.

1993 toyota supra

Twin turbo auto

GZ model

Rare Renaissance red

The car was imported 2006

Currently on 64km (39k roughly)

Its all still in kmh (no speedo conversions)

Extras:

Cruise control

Leather seats

Active front lip

Built in boot sub

Boot blind

Footwell lights

Door key light ring

Standard cd and tape player

Oem secret box (not fitted)

Toyota roof spoiler

Toyota wind deflectors

Oem number plate pods (not fitted)

Facelift set of headlights (not fitted)

Facelift clock (not fitted)

Factory bilsteins with 20mm lowering springs

Uk spec big brakes all round

17 alloys (wrapped in brand new yokohama ad08r (around 100 miles)

Also have lots of receipts, old manuals, 1993 catalogue and various other literature

ALSO have 2 copies of banzai magazine in which the car had a 5 page feature only last month!!!

The car as you can see is stock body and is now bpu

Double de-cat

Boost controller

Boost gauge

Walbro fuel pump

Tanabe touring exhaust with boost activated butterfly valve (straight pipe above 1 bar)

Bpu appropriate spark plugs (forget which ones)

This car is mint and pulls like a train, the only bad thing i have to say about it is that it has a few stone chips, but then at 24 years old its going to have some blemishes..

But honestly a really mint beautifully clean example.

I had it valued last year at a garage for insurance purposes and have a letter confirming it to be valued at £14,000.

I think thats everything and like i say atm im just checking that on the off chance someone may want a px or to buy and know of someone selling a tt6?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jjimageimageimage

That looks super clean ! , shame to get rid of it really

If that was me I personally wouldn't bother and keep your auto

How come you want a 6 speed out of curiosity ? you want to build a big power Supra ?

Yer its a beauty.. but i would like to build a big single in the end.. i know you can get built autos but 6 speed would be less of a headache

If you are after a 'perfect' TT6 with colour preferences then you are probably only going to see joy by importing one from Japan as you have 10 times as many Supras there to choose from and rust is less of an inconvenience than with UK resident cars.

I was looking at the latest Japan listings yesterday and the prices have reached Y2mn minimum now for usual mileage RZ's up to Y5mn, so perfection now costs minimum around £27k+ landed taxes paid in the UK for a stock Supra. I think this will soon be reflected in the prices available from the usual importers who are actually offering very few TT6 Supras these days relative to other imports. Maybe the market is starting to baulk at the import prices but if it is, I'd venture it'll be a temporary gasp to the onwards and upwards for in particular, stock Supra prices.

There are very few stock TT6's being offered for sale at the moment, so again importing is a more secure route to getting hold of one in the near term. You may be able to maximise a part ex value for yours with one of the usual importers as well. I'd recommend go chat with the guys at JM, DCE Europe and HJA. DCE have a teaser ad in PH saying import this car for £19,985 but when you talk to them they say allow around £30k. So you are looking at a big money upgrade to fulfil your search for perfection.

If you are after a 'perfect' TT6 with colour preferences then you are probably only going to see joy by importing one from Japan as you have 10 times as many Supras there to choose from and rust is less of an inconvenience than with UK resident cars.

I was looking at the latest Japan listings yesterday and the prices have reached Y2mn minimum now for usual mileage RZ's up to Y5mn, so perfection now costs minimum around £27k+ landed taxes paid in the UK for a stock Supra. I think this will soon be reflected in the prices available from the usual importers who are actually offering very few TT6 Supras these days relative to other imports. Maybe the market is starting to baulk at the import prices but if it is, I'd venture it'll be a temporary gasp to the onwards and upwards for in particular, stock Supra prices.

There are very few stock TT6's being offered for sale at the moment, so again importing is a more secure route to getting hold of one in the near term. You may be able to maximise a part ex value for yours with one of the usual importers as well. I'd recommend go chat with the guys at JM, DCE Europe and HJA. DCE have a teaser ad in PH saying import this car for £19,985 but when you talk to them they say allow around £30k. So you are looking at a big money upgrade to fulfil your search for perfection.

Yer you have a point, ive had a few offers for tt6's but nothing thats taken my fancy yet. like you say if a mint tt6 is going to come in at 30k id rather something else as you can get a hell of a lot of car for 30k. For 30k id be looking at either a dodge viper or a honda nsx (although i wouldnt be looking at minters for that budget) id be happy to pay upto 18k for a decent example of a tt6 supra but i suppose the way prices are going and the way supply is drying up its a big ask.

Still you never know :)

Yer you have a point, ive had a few offers for tt6's but nothing thats taken my fancy yet. like you say if a mint tt6 is going to come in at 30k id rather something else as you can get a hell of a lot of car for 30k. For 30k id be looking at either a dodge viper or a honda nsx (although i wouldnt be looking at minters for that budget) id be happy to pay upto 18k for a decent example of a tt6 supra but i suppose the way prices are going and the way supply is drying up its a big ask.

Still you never know :)

You won't even get a manual NSX for £30k, and they aren't blessed with a decent auto like the supra.

So strange what has happened to the Nsx prices, my dad had a mint yellow one with a few really tasteful expensive mods 2-3 years ago. Put it for sale for 30k and got no bites at all. Ended up letting it go for like 26k.

Csr was a bit of a let down performance wise for me tbh too, have you ever driven one? Handles lovely but I guarantee you miss the boost. They are pretty gutless compared to a decent turbo motor.

So strange what has happened to the Nsx prices, my dad had a mint yellow one with a few really tasteful expensive mods 2-3 years ago. Put it for sale for 30k and got no bites at all. Ended up letting it go for like 26k.

Csr was a bit of a let down performance wise for me tbh too, have you ever driven one? Handles lovely but I guarantee you miss the boost. They are pretty gutless compared to a decent turbo motor.

Yes they have gone crazy and no never driven one.. unfortunately

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.