The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tt auto to tt manual.

Supra-love

I always figure if you are going off VIN why not do it properly and drop in a modern engine with OBDII, a modern gearbox and modern diff and modern ecu's or just put the money into buying a different car altogether? That's just me though being the VIN purist.

I always figure if you are going off VIN why not do it properly and drop in a modern engine with OBDII, a modern gearbox and modern diff and modern ecu's or just put the money into buying a different car altogether? That's just me though being the VIN purist.

:yeahthat:

Oh and how I got your figure on your car? Well, condition and history of the shell, age and technology of the twins, running on syvecs or not? If not then that knocks more off, custom paint narrows the market, so does the bodykit. 6 speed yes, but doesn't match vin. That's all just my opinion on what the cars value is to me, to me it's only worth £15k, but that's because it's not a car I'd ever want to own. To someone else it could be there dream car, and they'd overpay with £20k, so I put the price in the middle, at £17k.

Well everyone got their view i guess, some are narrow. But I'm not selling it so not to bothered on value.

Back on topic if the OP has a good base car where he knows the history then just build on it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and whilst you are there, go and do some research rather than waiting to be spoon fed :)

Bit harsh...

Prices have changed so drastically over the last 2 years using the (very awkward) search function often returns out of date information, especially when it comes to weighing up things like which gearbox/engine to slap in. It's not like he asked the pros/cons or if it's worth it, it was very strictly price-related.

I expect there's a lot of quiet members that really value the answers to this question every time it comes up.

Edited by Wonga Spar (see edit history)

Bit harsh...

Don't be so precious. I'm sure he can take it on the chin. If he can't, he has a lot more to worry about than a few home truths from me. If you think that was harsh, you wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds on here when I first joined.

Prices have changed so drastically over the last 2 years

As for price changes, you are joking right? There have been so many threads started recently on the forum regarding part and car pricing it's unreal. Never has this forum been more active with topics of this nature.

the (very awkward) search function often returns out of date information

FML :banghead: how to be subtle? THERE. IS. NOTHING. WRONG. WITH. THE. SEARCH. FUNCTION. It's not rocket science. It's been working perfectly well since the forums inception all those years ago. It's only people who can't be bothered to learn how to use it that have trouble.

especially when it comes to weighing up things like which gearbox/engine to slap in.

You're right sorry, in the past 16 years this forum has been active the engine/gearbox swap question could have only come up once or twice in the early days.

It's not like he asked the pros/cons or if it's worth it, it was very strictly price-related.

Do yourself a favour, go back a re-read the thread again. His questions weren't strictly price related as you claim, were they? The asinine comment about not being able to increase power if you have an auto was the final straw for me. I'm all for helping people out if they have genuinely bothered to try helping themselves first. That wasn't the case here.

I expect there's a lot of quiet members that really value the answers to this question every time it comes up.

I agree. It's far quicker and easier to rehash old questions and get someone to spoon-feed you the answers, than to have to go and research for yourself.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Harshness Toned Down For The Lefties (see edit history)