The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine carbon cleaning

jamesmark

Fosta on here does it at his shop, might be worth asking him if it actually does work

:thumbs: Will drop him a PM to see if he can provide the ins and outs in this thread.

Just bought a 2011 Volvo V50. Only the 1.6 Drive model as do a lot of miles so went for the MPG. Going to get her remapped and was thinking a carbon clean if it works would be a good compliment to it.

Cheers for those :)

Nothing conclusive to say if it is worth it or not, basically spend the cash it might deliver some poke back in your car and it might not.

No problem, you could always get a water methanol injection kit fitted to the Supra for a more permanent solution. The Aquamist kits (http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-063-hfs3-v3-1-system-a-truly-progressive-system-utilising-pwm-valve/) are good value and Richard has a lot of knowledge.

Not for a Supra, left the Supra scene years ago.

This is for a different animal.................Volvo V50. Just looking at things to keep it fresh, only just bought it but I do a shed load of miles with work, so possibly carbon clean and remap was on the cards. Deffo a remap.

Diesel and yeah it has a turbo, probably the size of a sparrow.

As I claim mileage from my work, my focus for the car I use for work has shifted to getting the most MPG possible.

If I ever decide to go for another weekend car and don't go for a classic Mini, I will not be giving 2 hoots about MPG.

I'd say give Chris Wilson a knock, he loves Volvos albeit I think his preference is towards more older models. I spoke to him at length regarding water injection and also Richard the owner of Aquamist both of whom are of the opinion that a Turbo car shouldn't be without a system.

I believe water injection is a more permanent solution as apposed to a quick fix like the Terraclean :)