The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Terraclean, any good?

puggy

Hi folks,

I recently stumbled across a company called Terraclean. They provide a service (which takes approx 1 hour), which they describe as: "TerraClean is a unique decarbonisation technology which makes a significant improvement to the Emissions, MPG and Driveability/Performance of your vehicle." Basically, it is a hydrogen based clean-up of your engine. http://www.terraclean.co.uk is their website.

My local branch that provides this service is in Aberdeen, however, I believe there are a number of branches throughout the UK.

I contacted them for a quote and they replied stating the service would cost £132, which is reasonable if what they claim is accurate.

They claim that this hydrogen based service has little to no chance in causing any damage to your engine and that it improves MPG, Performance, Emissions, etc as stated above.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company or had a similar treatment done on their car? If so, is it worth doing?

I have read legitimate reviews from customers, who all claim that this service has made significant differences to their vehicles.

You have to have something that needs cleaning out and is actively causing problems with your mpg etc. before anything like this can possibly have an effect. It can only ever try to restore what you have lost, despite the adverts being worded in such a way to make you think it magics up horsepower out of thin air.

We have this machine at work It is a good cleaner and does remove carbon deposits if used as a preventive maintenance tool on servicing. but if you have a vehicle with a heavy deposit of carbon in the intake system then its not very efficient and will cause issues as carbon deposits travel down into the combustion chamber and then into exhaust system, it will clean the system but you have to keep pumping more and more chemical cleaner into it and we have found to use approx. 6 ltr of cleaner and 1ltr of rinse agent to get a vehicle clean with a material cost of just over £100 and then you have a additional cost of the fuel injector cleaner, also I used this on my brothers high mileage bmw530d which caused the throttle body to fail as the chemical manage to pass the seal into the printed circuit board.