The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom LED manufacturer UK

k222bye

Is MLR a certified trader or hobbyist though?

If not, how dare you mention his name!!

/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas Harley

If you feel you've something to contribute then apply for a hobbyist membership. Being publically bitter won't do you any favours with potential customers reading your comments.

Relax and have some mince pies over the festive period dude :cool:

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Merry Christmas Harley

If you feel you've something to contribute then apply for a hobbyist membership. Being publically bitter won't do you any favours with potential customers reading your comments.

Relax and have some mince pies over the festive period dude :cool:

I think you have misunderstood the comments.

I dont have anything to sell, nor do i make anything regarding Led tails lights.

I simply know of someone through facebook who makes them and when i suggested i knew someone (without mentioning any names) Frank Bullet decided to jump in with his two pence worth.

Yet 5 comments later someone says they bought a set from a guy called MLR who as far as i can see isnt an authorised trader or hobbyist and no one questions it?

I think you have misunderstood the comments.

I dont have anything to sell, nor do i make anything regarding Led tails lights.

I simply know of someone through facebook who makes them and when i suggested i knew someone (without mentioning any names) Frank Bullet decided to jump in with his two pence worth.

Yet 5 comments later someone says they bought a set from a guy called MLR who as far as i can see isnt an authorised trader or hobbyist and no one questions it?

/QUOTE]

I didn't jump in, you asked a question and I answered it. You just didn't happen to like the answer and have obviously decided to ignore post #18 in the process of having a temper tantrum.

The person you are talking about isn't a random guy or company is he?! He is a relatively new forum member attempting to circumvent the forum rules as he clearly doesn't think they apply to him, despite numerous public warnings and having his threads deleted.

Yet you think it's okay to try and keep mentioning his name for what one can only assume is free advertising (because he is a friend of yours) or taking business away from the forum traders and hobbyist's. They contribute financially to the running of this place which in turn allows them the privilege to advertise their wares on here. Does he...thought not!

If anyone wants to know who makes LED rear lights for the Supra then they only need to pop onto Google and do a search or search the forum themselves for authorised traders and hobbyist's that offer this service.

I just find it ironic how people protect the authorised traders with their life and act like anyone who names another business who isn't an authorised trader will be handed the death sentence, yet right in the middle of this thread there is a bloke who said he's bought some from MLR in Italy..... [emoji848]

I just find it ironic how people protect the authorised traders with their life and act like anyone who names another business who isn't an authorised trader will be handed the death sentence, yet right in the middle of this thread there is a bloke who said he's bought some from MLR in Italy..... [emoji848]

This is exactly my point Jack.

I accept the rules of the forum yet it clearly seems like its one rule for one and one rule for everyone else.

Frank has still ignored the fact MLR has been mentioned.

I dont know the guy on facebook personally. I have simply seen his stuff advertised.

And besides Frank, it wasnt your intial answer that i didnt like was it.

It was your instant presumption that i had some sort of ulterior motive when asking how much hecklers lights were.

I like the fact that you both seem to have missed the point, not too sure how to get the point across so I will give it one last shot.

MLR HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE FORUM TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT THE RULES AND SELL THEIR LIGHTS, HARLEYFDMD'S FRIEND HAS!!!

Anyway, i'm not a mod or paid to do their job. Happy Christmas all, i'm done with this thread :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Punctuation (see edit history)

I like the fact that you both seem to have missed the point, not too sure how to get the point across so I will give it one last shot.

MLR HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE FORUM TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT THE RULES AND SELL THEIR LIGHTS, HARLEYFDMD'S FRIEND HAS!!!

Anyway, i'm not a mod or paid to do their job. Happy Christmas all, i'm done with this thread :)

Out of interest - does this rule apply to sole traders only? For example, if I go to a garage for work on my Supra who aren't an authorised trader on here, am I not allowed to mention their name and talk about the great work they've done? Genuine question

Out of interest - does this rule apply to sole traders only? For example, if I go to a garage for work on my Supra who aren't an authorised trader on here, am I not allowed to mention their name and talk about the great work they've done? Genuine question

Yes. you can.

The issue then would only be if the garage you used joined up on the forum and starting advertising their wares.

They don't even have to post about it too much. if they have the garage name as a username then a link to their website in the profile. that's usually enough.

Yes. you can.

The issue then would only be if the garage you used joined up on the forum and starting advertising their wares.

They don't even have to post about it too much. if they have the garage name as a username then a link to their website in the profile. that's usually enough.

I thought you couldn't even mention their name if there was another trader on the forum offering the same service already?

I remember Hermans thread where he mentioned the garage that did his work and it got edited.

I thought you couldn't even mention their name if there was another trader on the forum offering the same service already?

I remember Hermans thread where he mentioned the garage that did his work and it got edited.

If he put a link and contact information i can see why that would be edited as thats a form of advertisement they arent paying the club for while other traders are which is obviously unfair.

Only other reason it would be removed is certain companies who people use (and mention in threads) that have taken legal action towards the club in the past being mentioned and thus edited out.