j_jza80

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thesmileyone

Something to note

My mother likes audi tt convertibles.

She went from an old high mileage mk1 180 to a newer one, 2013, mint condition, super low mileage etc.

Result? She never used it. Scared to take it out to Manchester etc due to car jacking risk (her words) and scared to leave it anywhere in case it got scratched.

Newer / rarer / lower mileage / worth more - not always better from a driving POV.

Someone looking yo buy a car like this isnt going to be driving it a lot, and can afford an additional Supra if they want one to drive a lot. :)

While short of a lottery win i would never consider owning a car like this, i can still appreciate them, they represent what these cars were like when new.

When did we start believing mileage on import cars? Some nice example but most imports have been adjusted unless you get one with a service record.

The only thing you can really do is have the car inspected by a reputable firm, it should be pretty obvious if its genuine (ish) or not. If you import it through a reputable firm, and the car is significantly different to what you're expecting, you simply don't buy the car when it arrives.