The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nod's Project Eric

Nodalmighty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have no clock in my Supra so I'm going to re-engineer my old billet housing I used for my LCD Monochrome unit to fit there with one of these screens. My steering wheel will have an encoder wheel as well as a 2.8" amoled screen which will be used to control what is displayed where. Then there is the in car PC and the 24" LED monitor but that's a story for another day.

That's the first time I've seen that! How on earth have I missed it??.. Looking forward to having it fitted on Sunday :trampoline:

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/ForumStuff/tacho2.jpg

Ignore the blotches and weird corners as it still has the screen protection peeler on but you get the idea (It's also not as saturated and the colours are crisp, my camera has done this). I can display anything on this within reason. This is Delboy52's graphics for his autobox display. When in Manual mode it shows gear as it's hooked up the S1 and S2 solenoids. When in Auto it shows the current selector position and which gear map you are using. Where is also a Supra logo at fist boot.

I'm also looking into a white EL back lighting pad. I've found a 10cm round EL pad which can be cut to shape.

Just got to design somehting for Eric now. The needle is also off an MR2 which is bigger than a Supra one.

Oled screen graphics are my 5th design as some features were changed, added or dropped. The screen needs to be fairly clutter free also, so it can be glanced at whilst driving and understood easily. Lyndon sourced the kit, put everything together and programmed the code to make it work, this weekend it should all get fitted.

The El panels are my 2nd attempt and I got it right this time so doesn't flicker like before. Doesn't tolerate dimmers or rips in the El panels.

• 1 month later...

How to make a mole hill into a mountain.

I've rebuilt the looms for my rear light and separated the two rear brake lights for independent fogs / brake lights. So I used new more modern 6 way water proof connectors which didn't fit though the holes in the bulkhead, Mistake one.

So I worked out that if I cut the holes to 26mm the grommets would still work. I bought a hole cutter off ebay and assumed as it's off ebay it will be a blunt as a nuns chuff, mistake two. I now have a 26mm hole and a 28mm hole and the grommet falls through the latter. Can I find sleeved grommets in 30/32mm, can I bollocks. The answer came in the form of 28mm cable glands which have a outer bore of 28mm with 32mm lip and nut and clamp down to 16mm (the loom diameter).

The lessons here are, Measure the holes first and don't assume everything off ebay is junk. Despite all this I now have the ultimate thru bulkhead loom solution (plus 8 more for use else where on the car). But I didn't make it easy for myself.:rolleyes:

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
That will sound fantastic :) do you know which dbw throttle pedal you're using? Whifbitz supplies a Toyota one which bolts straight in to the supra, probably for an sc430.

GS300/GS430 I think, Big Mark asked about it before and we tracked it down :)

Slight change of plan with the 2J, As the turbo is a no show I've decided to go BMW M3 E46 ITB's and a HDG Performance 6 - 2 - 1 exhaust manifold. Should sound nice and make about 250 flywheel which the shimmed up auto should cope with ok.

I'm not making any more plans. Every time I do, something comes along to scupper them. This time a 7.0 stoke steel crank and forged H section rods have turned up for crazy cheap money. Ho Hum :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...