The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ-GTE VVT-i engine

salaar

Been trying to find myself one but the prices are extremely high, to solve this I've found a more reasonable source and hope others can benefit from this opportunity too.

All engines will be compression tested prior to sale and will be an engine including loom and ECU.

Just wanna gauge some interest and understand if there is a demand for GTEs and how much people would be willing to pay.

I'd be hoping to undercut the market at around £3000 but it also depends on how many are interested.

If like me you want a ffim or more power then I feel this could be a good opportunity for a few of us.

Thanks

Have a read here :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?82442-Club-Membership-Details-Including-Trader-amp-Hobbyist-Membership-Rules

Group Buys

Group buys are the process by which a member will purchase items in bulk on the behalf of many members in order to secure a cheaper price for everyone. The club both supports and encourages group buys, but because of previous issues all group buys have to be authorised by a moderators first, and there are certain conditions that have to be met before authorisation will be given.

Anyone wanting to organise a group buy must have been a paid up club member for at least 6 months. They will be required to disclose full details of the group buy to a moderator prior to authorisation being given, including details of the supplying company, delivery times and the number of orders required to get the parts at the discounted prices. Limited details of the group buy will then be presented to the current traders who will have the opportunity to honour the group buy prices themselves if they wish. If one of the traders decides to honour the lower prices then the original group buy organiser will be asked to continue organising the group buy but to use the club recognised trader to source the stock instead. If they refuse then the trader will be asked to take over organising the group buy. If they are unable to do so due to time restraints on their part then they will be required to honour the lower prices for club members regardless of the numbers involved and for a minimum duration of 1 month. This should prevent any traders trying to block a group buy just for the sake of it, and although the club has no actual way of forcing a trader to honour the lower prices failure to do so may result in their trader membership being revoke or their next trader membership renewal being refused.

If you are interested in organising a group buy then please contact a moderator for more details.

Traders

Traders are companies or individuals who wish to sell or advertise non-private items or services through the forum - this includes people acting as third party agents even if they are not making any profit. Traders have to pay for a traders membership to become recognised as an official trader within the club, although it should be noted that traders are effectively only buying advertising space on the forum and are in no way linked or sponsors of it.

Before anyone can become a trader a vote is put before the club members and it is up to them whether or not the trader application is accepted. This process is also repeated every year when the trader membership comes up for renewal.

We only accept requests for trader membership applications from people who have been a paid up club member for at least 3 months. During this time the trader is not be allowed to advertise on the forum. This time is used to give the members a chance to get to know the trader before considering their membership application, and will allow both the members and the moderators to determine if the traders presence on the forum is acceptable. We also consider 3 months to be a small duration for the trader to wait if they are serious about trading here, so if any are put off by this delay then they will be no real loss to the club anyway.

Trader applications are discussion by the club members for 1 week to give the members a chance to discuss the application and share their experiences of the trader before deciding whether to allow them to join or not. The trader applying will be able to respond to the discussion thread if they wish, and anonymous comments can still be left by PM'ing them to Steve or mawby. At the end of the discussions a vote is cast by the members as to whether the application should be accepted or not.

New traders will join on a 3 month trial basis, at the end of which a survey will be conducted to see if they are performing as required. Their trader membership will be revoked if they are not keeping the club members happy, or if their presence on the forum is considered to be having a negative affect on the club or its members.

If a traders application is accepted then they will be given a sticky thread in the Traders Section forum in which they can specify contact information and advertise their day to day products and services. Each trader can also post a couple of specials every month in the Traders Section forum, with special exceptions being made if required.

If a trader wants more selling power than that offered by a sticky thread then they have the option of upgrading their trader membership to include having a section of their own on the forum. Traders are given limited moderating power over their sections and they are effectively an on-line version on their shops. For this reason you should not be surprised if a trader removes any unfavourable threads from their sections. Although this is seen as unfair given that only good comment are left, this is much the same situation you get with any other form of business whether on-line or in the real world. A good analogy would be sticking a poster on a shop window expressing your dissatisfaction of their goods or services - you wouldn't expect the shop owner to just leave it there for all the other customers to see! If you have a complaint about a trader then please contact them directly.

If you are interested in applying for a traders membership then please contact Steve, but first please read the full Trader Terms and Conditions as you will have to agree to these before your application or renewal will be accepted.

Hobbyists

A hobbyist membership gives the member a limited right to trade on the forum for free. The hobbyist membership is only available to people who have been paid up club members for at least 6 months. A hobbyist membership has the same application process as used for the normal trader memberships, whereby a discussion thread is created followed by a vote 1 week later. A hobbyist membership will only last 6 months, at the end of which a survey will be conducted to determine if the member is still entitled to the free hobbyist membership or whether their level of trading on the forum has gone beyond that considered acceptable as a hobbyist. We do not have any fixed limits on what is acceptable for the hobbyist membership - we leave that decision to the members so that each individual circumstance can be taken into consideration at the time. However, as a guideline we cite the Wikipedia definition of a hobby; Hobbies are practised for interest and enjoyment, rather than financial reward.

If you are interested in applying for a hobbyists membership then please contact Steve.

I don't think it comes under trade because I don't think there will be enough interest to last a good few years. Its more group buy because I'm talking to a supplier to get lower prices of engines for the forum. Could possibly be a hobbyist but that I guess depends on numbers.

Just trying to help myself out with a lower priced engine and in the process help others, how does the price sound? Obviously the more we buy, the lower the price is from the supplier. But I'd hope to buy one, test it and if we're happy then order more and go from there.

I think before you go getting your hopes up of sourcing a cheap engine you should run this by the mods first. I imagine doing a group buy on 2nd hand engines with no recourse against the seller who I assume is overseas is going to be a non-starter. Unless you are personally going to guarantee each one and be prepared to refund any that aren't as described.

You only have to look at a prominent members recent *issues* with a 2nd hand engine he bought to see how unreliable the information on engine history can be.

Fair point but all the engines will be checked by people I know and yes if engines are not as described of course there will be a refund. But an engine which isn't suitable won't be sourced.

I'm just trying to get a feel for numbers, who'd be interested and the price they'd pay considering the current market.

I've not seen a GTE sell for 2k for a couple of years now, any sources to back up your claims? If you search the market, average is 3.5 with highest around 3.8. I've found a supplier because I wanted a GTE engine for myself and I thought there may be others who also want one but the current market is too high.

I've not seen a GTE sell for 2k for a couple of years now, any sources to back up your claims? If you search the market, average is 3.5 with highest around 3.8. I've found a supplier because I wanted a GTE engine for myself and I thought there may be others who also want one but the current market is too high.

Hell of alot of them here for 2K

http://www.jdmdistro.com/product-category/engines/

thats really good

/QUOTE]

They're all aristo engines which have a different loom, its difficult and expensive to find an original supra GTE. All engines will be guaranteed, just wanna know how much interest there is and then the price can be discussed.

In Japan, untested, unshipped. Unknown pedigree!

So you may have to add the cost of a rebuild to that price!

They are in a warehouse in Wicklow , Ireland , you are making alot of assumptions there

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/13680408_1459969074028888_4596127842062745697_o.jpg

Are they supra or aristo engines?

You would need to ask Dave , if he has any Supra versions there , I can't see them costing 1.5k sterling extra

Off the top of my head , you need to put on a supra oil pan, mounts, power steering pump and loom to put in a supra but I cannot see it costing 1.5k extra

Drift guys are probably their main customer base, Aristo Engines more readily available , Supra fitment is not a requirement for those guys

Its worth checking versus your contact

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.