The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Group Buy: Carbon Fibre Dash.

BoostJunky86

I think the gear surround panels are all interchangeable. An auto one will work on a manual, and a manual one will work on an auto I think (but won't fit the selector trim).

But I would double check that yourself before making the assumption.

Your pre facelift ignition panel won't work with a UK spec either, due to the aforementioned fog light switch.

just a note as previously stated ive done this before, you all would be better if you have carbon skinned panels, the weight saved from all carbon wont be significant enough to tell a difference but the cost will be massive if you go the all carbon route, even if done as a no profit exercise this job is days and days just for one panel.

the molds for the panels will be a nightmare also and now your looking at producing 4 from what im reading?

when i did all my carbon i just didn't understand how labor intensive it is and just how none workable and stubborn it is as a material in general.

'cause of the footlight switch in the ignition panel?

Not just that panel no, the main dash panel with the heater controls is also different, and to confirm it it has a different part number molded into the rear.

Should put a jap spec dash in a UK spec Supra like me and you'd be fine :p

The last thing I want is to downgrade :p

just a note as previously stated ive done this before, you all would be better if you have carbon skinned panels, the weight saved from all carbon wont be significant enough to tell a difference but the cost will be massive if you go the all carbon route, even if done as a no profit exercise this job is days and days just for one panel.

the molds for the panels will be a nightmare also and now your looking at producing 4 from what im reading?

when i did all my carbon i just didn't understand how labor intensive it is and just how none workable and stubborn it is as a material in general.

This man knows! :thumbs:

Probably will be a royal pain in the arse but worth a try is it not?

Not worried about weight.

Trying this first of it appears to be to much hassle, I'll change the group buy set up and get him to skin all the panels.

Might be hard work making them. But that's not my problem lol just the price I'm interested in lol ;)

Probably will be a royal pain in the arse but worth a try is it not?

Not worried about weight.

Trying this first of it appears to be to much hassle, I'll change the group buy set up and get him to skin all the panels.

Might be hard work making them. But that's not my problem lol just the price I'm interested in lol ;)

not having a go at all, just letting you know what your getting into.

Not just that panel no, the main dash panel with the heater controls is also different, and to confirm it it has a different part number molded into the rear.

The last thing I want is to downgrade :p

Is this accurate? The main dash is different on a UK spec?

not having a go at all, just letting you know what your getting into.

I know dude.

It's Getting awkward already haha,

Not sure how to work it.

The different combos required could make it a real headache lol.

Will see what the guys says.

Waiting for him to reply

Would then need to send him all the different pieces to replicate fit two weeks then send back to people then work out costs and sort out what people want...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.