The mkiv Supra Owners Club

26th April 2003 - Bolney Stage Pub

Branners

Severely pissed off that I missed it, specially as the weather was so nice! Had to put my bumper back together after a minor "off" yesterday . . . :baa:

Did the convoy stick together this time? What was the total turnout like?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a good day, nice to put some more faces to names.

the convey from south mimms was shall we say intereting. that white van driver was really annoying

looked like it was gonna rain but turned out to be nice weather, dudersvr's engine bay was attracting a lot of attention and dealing out the back of the car ;)

Andy P was lusting over all the rx7's and thinking about when he's gonna get his :D

not been to one of these before and now looking forward to billing, hopefully will have the new car by then.

Thanks Martin, for waking me up with a phone call, I over slept big time, but that’s another story.

Missed the convoys altogether, but had a bit of fun with a couple of lads in a Scoobie, we got stuck in a two mile jam at the A21 junction, had a bit of a chat , he had not heard of Bolney, he was going to another meet elsewhere.

It was packed when I arrived just after 1.00 I guess 400 to 450 cars, had to drive up and down twice looking for a parking space. There were a few nutters in front of me as I drove up towards the pub a second time. Some git was doing burn outs as he drove between pedestrians. I think the car doing the burn outs was a red 300ZX but the smoke was so thick I am not sure, I agree name and shame, these twits get the rest of us a bad name.

Great to see familiar faces again and good to meet a few new faces and link them up with BBS names. Great weather and apart from the nutters, a good atmosphere.

I left about 3.00 to go and pick up some spare for the car. Had a lovely drive back, had a Boxster give it a go but he did not last long.

I like the pictures Gandolf, particularly the one of my feet;)

Had a great day, nice to see the following of all the different Marques, the GTO guys had a good turn out, nice assortment of Supes, Skylines and just generally good clean car fun.............

I was really surprised at the complete abscence of Mr Plod....but then again from what i saw he was'nt needed anyway.

Look forward to the future meets.........:p

Managed to get along very late in the afternoon, as a very nice blue (race-spec stylee) Skyline popped and crackled into the car-park. Only a couple of Supras left at that time.

I don't think the police bother because they know we're not a bunch of 17 year olds in a Southend multi-storey.

Had just been to JIC, ....

..cos I'm gonna sell the NA and get a TT!

Yeah, wicked stuff.

Turned up at just after 11:30 and got a shite parking spot! Then worked out that there was no way that we were going to queue for food @ the pub so we drove back to Horsham and got a huuuuge MaccieD's and then came back. At that point we got an excellent parking spot right on the lawn infront of the pub and saw a load of really nice soops and GTR's. Way too many Civics tho!!

I really wanted to meet some of you guys from the board but because I'm a relative newbie I didn't know who was who. I think we should wear name tags next time lads!!! I did however hang around the "clear rear clusters soop" for a time looking well interested, but noone emerged that appeared to own it! Oh well!

Totally agree on the name and shame thing, 'kin dickheads. :twak: I really wish they knew exactly what everyone *really* thought of them.

I've got a load of pics that I will post up when I've removed all the no. plates!

Hehe just as a point of interest (not that it's interesting) but I don't think i'll be dining at that pub in future if what I paid today was a discount rate, seen cheaper food at the Ritz! Even if it was served up by a blonde cutie!

:p

Sounds like it was a good day - I was thinking of you all a couple of miles down the road from me as I looked out my front room window at the sun shining down on my lovely clean car :(

Basically, my bro was meant to be driving my car up there, but he couldn't make it in the end - absolutely gutted! Boo-hoo!

Nice to see John Branners and Matt Harwood on the day. Also met Kuba in his red Supra. Some really nice Supras there. did anyone see the Castrol Supra (was parked on the road, just by the pub) in the Daily Mirror the day before?

Andy Barnes R34 sounded awesome too. Didn't see it in action unfortunately.

Originally posted by Andyp

Why didn't you say! I could have driven you up there! (in your car) :D

Hehe

Actually I thought of asking someone here but it was too late by the time I knew I brother couldn't make it, nobody was on here they were all at the bloody meet!! :(

Cheers Geez',

IF I ever 'upgrade' from me' std17's I'd either like the Lexus ones

(like Matt H's), Some make of multi-fine-spoke (like OZ super-

leggara's ? - but hard to find wide-fittibgs ?)

OR, quite like the Antera's - like yours - 18x10, 18x8.5 ? ?

OR....... YOURS ! ! :sly:

FatS.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the Supra turnout....always great to see so many lovely supra's at these meets.

I was very pleased with how things went on Saturday....and so glad the weather was so nice for us - after a dreadful Friday and a fairly dull start to the day.

The overall turnout was over 400 cars....which again i'm very pleased with. I've had several requests for more Bolney meets (i had planned this is the last), so i will continue to do one meet a year...any more than that and it'll become too much and people will lose interest.

My apologies for those who were doing fly-by's....must admit i nearly got run over once or twice myself. I had made it as clear as i possibly could that this would be frowned upon, but a few always get carried away unfortunately. On the whole everyone was well behaved though.

Thanks again....i hope to see you guys back again next year....

Daz