The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Moved on to something else

Stan

Well, I sold my GZ Aero at the end of last year. :(

For those that can't remember (probably most of you :p) my bonnet flew up on me in 2012 and cracked my windscreen and dented my targa top. I did source a replacement bonnet, but kind of lost interest in getting the rest sorted (I have every intention of getting it fixed, but somehow 3 years passed without me doing anything to it)

So after querying what it was worth as it was, I had a lot of interest in buying it outright which surprised me, so I sold it as it was to someone on here.

I will admit I was sad to see it being trailered away, but I knew I had to get another weekend toy.

I knew I wanted certain specific things in a new car - it had to be around 200bhp+, had to be kind of unique (like the GZ aero), and had to be within my budget of 8K. So after 5 months of searching, I found a 350z roadster with the spec I wanted.

Picked it up last weekend and have already been out with the roof down a few times :cool:, for those who don't know, this is the 2006 revup version which came with 296bhp, and it has the GT pack (heated leather, lightweight rays alloys, cruise control, bose 7 speaker stereo) and also the built in sat nav (which I have already upgraded with a newer disc). I initally only wanted it in black, but with the spec I wanted I only saw 1 in 5 months of looking, so thought I'd look at a blue one - and found out that the blue it quite tasty actually!

Already started modding it - new JWT popcharger induction kit, LED bulbs all round, and bonnet struts/dampers - but there isn't much else I want to do aside from a remap.

All in all, not a bad replacement for the Supra I'd say :D

Not a bad replacement for a Supra?

Wash your mouth out!!

Haha I do miss certain things about the Supra - you can't beat twin turbos over NA, and the wraparound dash was lovely, so apart from that it is a good replacement :p

Nice choice but I would want more power. I looked long and hard for a replacement and conceded that I would never find a true replacement for what is one of the best cars of all time IMO.

I am working my way through this list and I hope I find something that is as good as the Supra, especially build quality wise.

Z4M Coupe

Boxster GTS

Cayman GT4

911 C2S

Jaguar F type R

911 GT3

Considering I had a dream car for under £10K, I am now looking at 5 x that for a decent modern car. Good fun trying them out though.

H.

911 GT3

I tried buying one before I got my current Supra, a 996 mk1 GT3. The only one I could find was £70k, I bet they're worth even more now :( Although I don't think Supras will ever fetch that much (I'd love to be wrong), I won't ever part with this one for fear of being priced out of the market at some point.

The sad thing is, very special drivers cars like the 911 GT3, E46 CSL etc are finding their way into the hands of collectors, and never see the road except for the sunniest days or a car show. :(

I tried buying one before I got my current Supra, a 996 mk1 GT3. The only one I could find was £70k, I bet they're worth even more now :( Although I don't think Supras will ever fetch that much (I'd love to be wrong), I won't ever part with this one for fear of being priced out of the market at some point.

The sad thing is, very special drivers cars like the 911 GT3, E46 CSL etc are finding their way into the hands of collectors, and never see the road except for the sunniest days or a car show. :(

That will probably be me then. I want a special car for those special occasions. Hopefully got some money coming my way in the next 6 months and the GT3's are fetching silly money and will never go backwards. Cheapest one I can find is now £87K. I can't think of many other safe bets when it comes to special cars that will avoid depreciating. Now I have a garage I can really treat a car well and keep it pristine.

H.

• 3 weeks later...