The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV (White) Project build. 2JZGE auto to 2JZGTE, 6 Speed Manual (pictures)

Sean_Julian

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imageimageimage

So I removed the petrol filler cap and the boot release popper from the base before painting.

I applied a layer of grey rust preventing primer. Soon to be sprayed over with a white base coat of primer then finally top it off with a top coat of a gloss white finish, to match the rest of the car.

This is only the drivers side, I still have the passenger side and the rear seat housing to clean up, and spray.

So far so good!

Then sprayed white primer over the top. I wanted it the same colour as the car so I was going to spray it artic white the same as the car but then, as its only the floor pan and it's going under the carpet and sound deadening foam I may just leave it as a matte white.

imageimage

Haha cheers mate! I can only really update and make progress on the car on the weekends because of work! But atleast I have long weekend on the car! Next thing I'm wanting to do is to buy some sound deadening foam to place on the floor pan to go under the carpet.

Ahh no I have already ordered the wings, headlights, bonnet and front bumper. So when I get it jigged out they will put these parts on for me to make sure it's all straight so just keeping myself busy untill they arrive

Ahh ok im with ya :thumbs:

Jheeze you got your work cut out with this! I've seen it parked up at Keron's yard in a state.

Looks like you're making good progress already, good luck buddy! :thumbs:

Once this had been on the jig and had the welding work done itll be plain sailing from there, ive seen worse supras repaired, stupidly worse supra repaired :/

Once this had been on the jig and had the welding work done itll be plain sailing from there, ive seen worse supras repaired, stupidly worse supra repaired :/

Yeah it will be plain sailing once I get it jigged and welded etc. Then I will be able to have the perfect exterior.. Will be nice to look at! Just won't be drive able for a while haha

Jheeze you got your work cut out with this! I've seen it parked up at Keron's yard in a state.

Looks like you're making good progress already, good luck buddy! :thumbs:

Yeah it was such a bad state from when I brought it! But saying that rolling shells I have seen selling for £5000! granted it had interior and exterior, but I would rather have the satisfaction of building the car up myself, and it is cheaper to get a perfect rolling shell the way I have done, than to buy one already in perfect condition.

But so far so good! [emoji16] may also connect the spoiler this weekend to! Gradually start putting panels and parts back onto the car and clean the engine bay up abit before it goes in for a jig!