The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MKIV (White) Project build. 2JZGE auto to 2JZGTE, 6 Speed Manual (pictures)

Sean_Julian

Yeah it was such a bad state from when I brought it! But saying that rolling shells I have seen selling for £5000! granted it had interior and exterior, but I would rather have the satisfaction of building the car up myself, and it is cheaper to get a perfect rolling shell the way I have done, than to buy one already in perfect condition.

But so far so good! [emoji16] may also connect the spoiler this weekend to! Gradually start putting panels and parts back onto the car and clean the engine bay up abit before it goes in for a jig!

Yeah but shells going for that sort of money also have a shet load of work gone into them. But what you're doing is long, but very rewarding, knowing you did it from a heap of nothing to a nice car when it's done :).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah but shells going for that sort of money also have a shet load of work gone into them. But what you're doing is long, but very rewarding, knowing you did it from a heap of nothing to a nice car when it's done :).

Yeah I completely understand that, will be very rewarding in the end knowing that these cars are getting more expensive and rarer!

Slowly updating this as I work long hours throughout the week and only really get weekends on the car! So this picture is off the engine bay, the side where it had the impact on the drivers corner! Looks slightly bad, just waiting upon the parts and a slot to get it in the garage, jigged out and the figment of the panels so then I can save for the engine and gearbox itself. There is a lot of damaged and broken components in the lower left corner upon impact, can anyone tell me roughly what I am missing or need replacing due to damage..?

And also if I need anything else on the passenger side of the car as it looks pretty empty!

I did take the battery tray out also so that's why it isn't in the picture.. As I have resprayed it black.. So any help on the pictures that I am missing components wise, obviously the engine lol but anything else in the engine bay that is not there would be a great heads up! Also the wire coming from the fuse box looks like it has been cut.. Does this matter at all!?

So today before work I thought I'd do a little bit on the outside of the car and had some primer and black gloss lying about.. So I prised my badge of the car... And it snapped!

So I brought some super glue from co op.. Glued it together and sanded it down ready for the primer..

Your really supposed to use grey primer to then apply black gloss for best results but only had white.. So white it was!

Then applied black gloss and clear lacquer

Then I super glued it back to the holes on the car lol looks pretty good tho!

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been on here that much lately due to moving house, changing job so money for a few months will be rubbish due to catching everything up.. But slowly getting there.

This weekend was quite a productive one tho! I received a silver door with hinges and full loom from Keron for £75

I also removed the hood, clamps washed down and refitted those ready for a new hood..

Removed the front bumper

Removed Supra Sticker on rear window

Removed parts on the drivers side

Unclipped the wiring loom

Installed New drivers side door

The wiring loom on the drivers side, that was hit on the corner.. Was crushed against the loom so was a real pain to get out, the casing was crushed, but all the cables looked intact thankfully! Keron also ensured me it would be okay as it drove in to him also which is a relief!

So that's the wiring loom once I managed to release it from the mangled frame work.. Thinking of cleaning the loom up and just wrapping it in black electrical tape??

I removed the loom on thy side only due to getting a new arm panel (from the vin plate, around suspension tower, to the front of the car) and also the front slam panel from Keron also for £200!

Then I'll get the arms on the body to be straightened and then that new part welded on and I'll have a straight cat finally!

Just a few other pics.

imageimage

And that's how it is currently sitting at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the paint matched for the car.. from halfords while I was waiting for my replacement drivers side corner and managed to paint 2x coats of super white 040 and then 2 layers of lacquer!

imageimageimageimageimage

Slowly getting there! And the finish is so good from a rattle can!

Today I received my new front end to replace the damaged part. So this is the car as it sits, and the new panel I received for £200.

image imageimageimageimage

Just need to get the car on a jig to make sure it's straight then the old panel cut off the car.. And the new panel spot welded on!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...