The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heart Transplant.....

Guest dominicus

budget 12-15k to go single after you've swapped your box. to put in perspective mines already single and i now have to put another 5-7k into her just to get it running ect and that still doesn't factor in that the engine could die on dyno/power run these are very expensive cars. Just giving you an idea. personally I would sale and buy one already built. ( if I wasn't already so heavily invested in mine that is what I would do. ) I would also probably gone auto as there great.

Good luck with what ever you outcome is :) cant recommend the traders on here enough, SRD, Whifbitz, and TB Developments

Good point

Do you know what brakes your car is fitted with? The Supra came with 2 options, the larger 4pot/2pot calipers or the smaller 2pot/1pot calipers, (see pics here if you're not sure http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?249089-Supra-Brake-setups ). The preferred option on a high powered Supra would be the larger brake setup. If you have the smaller brakes fitted and want to upgrade to the larger setup you're looking at £1K+ in parts.

Another example would be the suspension, many Supras are still driving around with the (probably very tired) factory fitted suspension. To replace all the suspension components would be something like £3K in parts alone, this would be the first thing my money would be spent on if I bought another Supra.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Guest dominicus

Cheers.

Finances is the only one thing that doesn't allowed me to do it quicker and go bananas this year. I think they are some guys over here that spend some time on their projects 2-3 years. I want this to happened quick but have to be realistic on some point :/

Cheers.

Finances is the only one thing that doesn't allowed me to do it quicker and go bananas this year. I think they are some guys over here that spend some time on their projects 2-3 years. I want this to happened quick but have to be realistic on some point :/

That down time when your car is off the road in bits for months has killed off many projects, when owners get fed up, lose interest or situations change. I have no patience when it comes to having my car off the road. :)

Guest dominicus
That down time when your car is off the road in bits for months has killed off many projects, when owners get fed up, lose interest or situations change. I have no patience when it comes to having my car off the road. :)

Its first time ever that Im doing something like that, see that have to prepare myself for that, have never been without car so.......:scare:.2 things only that can kill the project for me is leaving UK or baby until that I don't see any obstacles to push it forward

Thank you, just gained more encouragement towards build :friday:

I did it myself in a shed though. It didn't actually take a lot of man-hours at all, I was quite surprised. If you're taking the car to a shop I'd expect it back in a month or 2, you pay a lot of cash for that privilege though.

Guest dominicus

Will try to do as much as possibly can but majority will be done in the garage while I don't have a shed or any other place to keep it and work on it so yeah, cash will play the role like hell over here.

Dunno what you're on about Nic, mine only took 4 years :D

Four year well worth it :thumbs:

I remember when I first joined the forum and your Supra is one of those I admire and still do. Plus you give me a dummy's guide on boost controller through PM lol

That's when I had no idea what I am doing and new to the scene and being in the forum since 2010 has gave me the knowledge I need to go single which I did last year.

But to be fair I still dont really know what I am doing :D This forum is a really good place to learn about the Supra's and the 2JZ GTE/GE engines

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

I remember when I first joined the forum and your Supra is one of those I admire and still do. Plus you give me a dummy's guide on boost controller through PM lol

That's when I had no idea what I am doing and new to the scene and being in the forum since 2010 has gave me the knowledge I need to go single which I did last year.

But to be fair I still dont really know what I am doing :D This forum is a really good place to learn about the Supra's and the 2JZ GTE/GE engines

Haha I was the same joined when I was had no knowledge of supra's and thought you could just strap on a big turbo to achieve big power without putting any thoughts as to what would he needed as supporting mods/other parts.

I'm pretty good at being a dummy :D

Guest dominicus

Just went through Kann's build up and start having concerns:/ Maybe I should go back to my 1st idea. Change the engine for 2jz gte, gear box to r154, most probably diff as well. This would be the plan for this year-round Christmast time if nothing crazy would came up to finish that stage. Next year would be turbo with all assisting mods, trying to get to 700bhp, dont need any more:). Manage to get in touch with Keron on monday and had a quick chat about engine swap. On 5th car is going for full service regardless if Im leaving UK or not(looks like not at the moment) and will see if something really bad will come up. If I will stay I will start a project with he car, have already some basic ideas where I wanna go with the build.