The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra at Whifbitz for 7 Speed DCT PT6266 GEN2 Single Turbo Conversion

scott.wild

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you do me a massive favor when you get some pictures when the engine is back in? Could you get some pictures showing the distance between the car bodywork and the turbo.

I can then kind of guess if its worth me punting up the money to buy a new manifold to test fit, even though it may not clear the bodywork on mine and therefore be useless to me.

I have heard great things about these manifolds and I want to get one mainly to increase response but also get rid of the last of the "cheaper" parts on the car that could cause issues down the line, I have a nasty modified xspower one on there at the moment which flows as well as a kinked garden hose, I'm not going to shell out £1300+ on something that wont fit only to sell it to a member later for less, it does not make sense.

I spoke to Paul a few months ago about the possibility of having a test fitting but he is unwilling to allow me to test fit (even with a deposit) which I struggle to understand but then I suppose he thinks I may run off with it.

So if you can get some pics that would be great.. thanks

Could you do me a massive favor when you get some pictures when the engine is back in? Could you get some pictures showing the distance between the car bodywork and the turbo.

I can then kind of guess if its worth me punting up the money to buy a new manifold to test fit, even though it may not clear the bodywork on mine and therefore be useless to me.

I have heard great things about these manifolds and I want to get one mainly to increase response but also get rid of the last of the "cheaper" parts on the car that could cause issues down the line, I have a nasty modified xspower one on there at the moment which flows as well as a kinked garden hose, I'm not going to shell out £1300+ on something that wont fit only to sell it to a member later for less, it does not make sense.

I spoke to Paul a few months ago about the possibility of having a test fitting but he is unwilling to allow me to test fit (even with a deposit) which I struggle to understand but then I suppose he thinks I may run off with it.

So if you can get some pics that would be great.. thanks

Richard, we can sell you a manifold and if it wont fit you can return it, we cant send you one without full payment.

We can take plenty of pictures of them fitted in a car though if you like, email me and I'll send you loads when we put the engine back in next week.

Does the VVTi have EGR?

Hearsay I know, but this thread reckons it's the same...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?603699-VVTI-Intake-manifold!

The VVTi and non VVTi Plenums have different faces/flangs where they meet the throttle body, and the whole casting looks slightly smaller.

Here's a pic of the adapter for reference, it does look a lot smaller :)

throttleadapt.jpg

Richard, we can sell you a manifold and if it wont fit you can return it, we cant send you one without full payment.

We can take plenty of pictures of them fitted in a car though if you like, email me and I'll send you loads when we put the engine back in next week.

Ah ok, understood for some reason the last time we talked about it I got the impression you wouldnt accept it back as it would have been used/fitted etc.

Ill drum up some cash then.