The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eBay TRD spoilers.

FOSTA

• 2 weeks later...

So rather than try to perfect the carbon wrap i decided to also order one of the AliExpress jobbies - turned up packaged immaculately. Lots of effort gone into making sure its secure in transit. So i rush to get the thing open and start to admire the beauty of carbon fibre when i flip it over and find...

20151124_220651~01.jpg

I've opened a dispute on AliExpress but im a little unsure where to go from here - i still really want one but i'm not willing to post the blade back to China and also, if they send me out a replacement, i'm not keen on paying customs charges again.

The packaging was all completely intact so i can only assume it was cracked before it went into the box; i'm sure its a one off as the packaging was very secure and everyone else seems to have received a great product.

Lets see how it pans out - i'll let y'all know.

Yep mine was damaged underneath with 2 small marks like yours and where the 2 halves are bonded together had open up. I told the supplier, sent them photo's and they sent over a replacement which was perfect.

I got hit by customs charges again (less that first time) and probably could of appealed but didn't bother.

Plus I fixed the original (I just put glue in the split and didn't worry about the marks underneath) and have that on my car now and the perfect replacement in the box still as a spare.

Doh - well i've messaged the seller and he's asked me to request a refund but im not sure if its for the whole thing or just a partial refund. Lets see what happens.

I'm a little bummed, because i dont really need two spare blades lying around - i'm a bit OCD about random bits left over.

ARGHH

just heard back from them - I've been given a full refund (not including the customs charges) and I havent been asked to send the spoiler back so i'm happy with the outcome.

I'll get the spoiler on to see how noticable the crack is - hopefully it isn't too bad as its on the lower part.