The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hair line crack on HKS T04Z Turbo Housing what to do?

Brazil

Hi j-jza80, You are quite conversant with the turbos and technicalities etc, and i respect this, but to the uninitiated like emwa i am more than happy with the fantastic performance i am getting, i just hope it lasts.

Fingers crossed for you :) I am sure it will last. and your get plenty of smiles per gallon :p

Hi j-jza80, You are quite conversant with the turbos and technicalities etc, and i respect this, but to the uninitiated like emwa i am more than happy with the fantastic performance i am getting, i just hope it lasts.

Just depends what you're happy with really, and what the budget will stretch to. There's a Supra for every budget :)

You are right, it is back to my FFP, fit for purpose at a cost, if i want a pair of shoes to last 10 years then i will pay £200, and i am a trekker and i have done this, i buy "Meindel" boots, German, the lightest, vibram sole, breathable, guaranteed 3 years etc, i get a buzz out of waring them, but i would not pay £800 for a turbo when i can get what i want for £200, and if it breaks, and i do not think it will, i will buy another one, let's face it, going NA/T after 18 years of ownership is a big jump anyway.

The guy that did my transplant is a real experienced pro and i have 110% convidence in him, and what he recommends etc.

I also think the mapper you know is a major item, along with the surgeon's experience with the components etc, this to my mind is a key component for going NA/T.

Edited by herbiemercman
added extra text. (see edit history)

To update on this hick up, Lee at SRD managed to source me the deal of the century for a new HKS exhaust housing it was so good that would of been stupid to turn it down, I also spoken to my mechanic and he told me the turbo gasket was totally wrecked because of the crack on the exhaust housing 'most likely expanding when hot'.