The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kia Sedona

Shane

LOL, yeah thanks guys for the re-assuring words!

Yes I guess I should get the head tested as the symptoms are very much like a cracked head. Been looking at second hand heads but who knows without testing if they would be any better.

I know they are shite but I picked up one very local to me in really nice condition with full leather and all the frills for £175 and its just what I am looking for with the 7 seats to take and leave at my holiday house in Romania. They must have struggled to make it so bad on MPG, was looking at the reviews last night from back in the day and apparently you are lucky to get 30 mpg out of them.

You might be lucky and get away with a skim? That cam belt and tensioner looks like it'll be fun.

You reckon, its right on the valve seats now and there are valve chambers cut in the pistons, its very tight. Read on the Kia forums that the general consensus is that there's not enough on the heads for a skim, and this one already looks like it has had one in its lifetime. Sadly whoever did it previously didn't torque the bolts properly, one in particular was loose compared to all the others.

Yes Kia say its engine out to do the belt change, but it can be done at a struggle, that's all stripped now.

You reckon, its right on the valve seats now and there are valve chambers cut in the pistons, its very tight. Read on the Kia forums that the general consensus is that there's not enough on the heads for a skim, and this one already looks like it has had one in its lifetime. Sadly whoever did it previously didn't torque the bolts properly, one in particular was loose compared to all the others.

Yes Kia say its engine out to do the belt change, but it can be done at a struggle, that's all stripped now.

Have you put a straight edge across the head to see if it's flat?

Maybe you're not lucky then?

Pressure test and refit it then. :thumbs:

Decided to pressure test and have it skimmed. Spoke to the engine builder/machine shop where I dropped it off to this morning and they reckon a light skim will be fine once the valves are out, assuming the test doesn't show up any leaks. Just ordered a water pump for it too, reckon its pointless putting it back together without a new one for the sake of £20 extra.