The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless caliper piston and caliper seal kits for sale

Chris Wilson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you supply refurb kits for the Lexus ls400 front calipers ?

I can do seals no problem, from stock, pistons too, but would need a sample. If the pistons are two different sizes I would need a sample of one of each. I can return them undamaged, (or at least in the same state they arrive... ;)). PM sent.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words. There is an "unofficial" way of helping fit the dust boots on the UK spec calipers, told to me by someone who rebuilds a hundred times more calipers than i do. It is to use a bit of Super Glue on the seals where they sit on the bodies where the round clips go over. the boots and the caliper bodies need to be totally clean and dry, like you seem to have done so well in the photos. It dries, as you probably know, in seconds, and greatly helps stop the dust boots slipping off.

The other issues is the calipers corrode and what was a true square shouldered, albeit low height, section where the seals sit becomes angled.

Looks like you took cleanliness as seriuysly as you need to for these jobs and the results look superb, thanks again, glad to have helped. Take care and all the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.