The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth?

Big Supes

Ah, I skim read it so missed that! My bad, still a ground to give the internals a fresh build. That way you know you'll have a healthy heart.

I guess it depends on how much it would cost to get the bottom end rebuilt. I've asked Lee out of interest. :)

Re most people dont buy for .....makibg money one day...some do though......

The cars are now between 14 to 23 years old so who buys old cars ......collectors...investors not comuters or family folk so the market is limited. So as a collector i am in it for the long term and i do also drive them as i get pleasure...i have owned one of them nearly 19 years. The other market is the modders and power hungry these cars whilst great tend to built and then the owner gets bored and moves on ....they like the challange and good on them. These cars change hands regularly or get broken...but they are not as collectable as they personlised.

Re near having driven a single is irrelevent....i like motorbikes and that would be my pref.

Everything about buying and selling cars is condition and fully verifiable history. Supes car has all of this and can only increase in value as the numbers diminish

There's no doubt about it, collectors like 'original' cars. I wouldn't have any problems with someone buying a car to make money on it. In some ways, it's a good job they do as they're preserving a piece of history.

• 1 year later...

Thought I would bump this thread as I'm having another episode, although this time selling makes more sense as the car isn't getting used as much as I would like.

I haven't been keeping up to speed on Supra prices of late so thought I would get an indication from you guys?

I have a Z I really want to build and the Supra is a luxury that I can't afford to keep if I go down this route. It's also sad that she's always sat in the garage.

All of this being said, I will never let it go unless the money is right.

Thats understandable mate just ashame to see you selling it but hope you get a decent price :) As Annabella said id put £16,000 as an absolute bottom line for yours id probably ask for a little more to start just because the condition of it and also being on the stand next to the FT1 at goodwood is also a massive selling feature. Hope all goes well :thumbs:

As I said when you first made this thread, this car has a lot going for It, and what you get for it will be a reflection of the standard of the advert. Personally I wouldn't bother advertising it on auto trader, but Pistonheads is a must, and carandclassic is free and is viewed by lots of people who may be interested in a car of this standard.

Given the pretty hefty increases in the market since you first posted this, IF you can produce a very high quality advert, I would stick it up for £19,995, with serious offers invited. This is very optimistic, but given the previously discussed provenance, I think it is best to start high.

Have a look at the likes of the Coys or Sothebys auctions for glod examples of the sort of language and details you want to be using, and whatever you do, do not post up a half hearted advert to start with, that will really not help.

DO NOT SELL THIS CAR!!! And don't drive it either! It should just be rolled out of a heated de-humidified garage every few months for photo shoots. Lol!!!

Seriously though, it's worth what someone will pay and given that it looks like a brand new UK spec auto it's got to be worth in excess of £15k. It would certainly be a candidate for my lottery win Supra ... I can't say higher than that, although I'd lose the lamp sprayers and bonnet vent ... and then spray it black :p