The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brought Supra No.5

MRX

My last adjustable suspension had little twiddly knobs on top of the mounts to adjust firmness, is that the same here but with an allen key in the top?

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah35/Rob_Armour/20150809_190519_zpsjem1cqds.jpg

No they dont look adjustable, the allen head is there to hold the shock whilst doing the nut up.

Yeah Be good to get a local meetup going again :-)

• 4 weeks later...

So i've had the Supra a couple of weeks now, thought I would update this thread with what i have been up to...

First thing was to give the car a good cut / polish and wax:

After reading Jays thread on paddle shifters I blatantly copied him and big thanks to him for advice during the process. I also installed a new head unit with Pioneer 4 channel amp and replaced all existing speaker wire.

My tips for cutting the holes for the paddles would be to put masking tape on the unit as it allows for easy drawing etc. I then drilled lots of holes and carved out the hole using a sharp stanley. Also make sure you feed the wires away from the middle (horn), the first time i tested the horn it sliced through all the wires and I had to re-solder everything, which i was non too pleased about...

Next up was replacing the wheels. I opted for some cheap GS300 TTE's, and just to be different I went matte black. Not everyone's cup of tea but im going for a bit of a black look on this one -

And finally in keeping with the simple low key black look the badges are now black and I have removed the rear wiper. Also put on a new exhaust and rear number plate.

I have started on cleaning and refurbing the engine bay and will post pics once complete. I also had a new front lip arrive from the states yesterday, so that will be going on tomorrow.

Edited by MRX (see edit history)

• 1 month later...