The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slip Cont off flashing

Jellybean

On 1/5/2023 at 2:12 PM, supraclaou said:

Hello mate. Did you ever managed to solve the slip control light on issue ?

Everything works as it should , my car is stock RZ TT6 facelift with only an exhaust , and after I start driving it for a while the TRAC SLIP CONTROL light flashes after 2-3 seconds continuesly till I turn of the car, same as yours , only difference yours is prefacelift mine is facelift.

Trac ecu was gone, just unplugged 

On 1/5/2023 at 8:50 PM, Chris Wilson said:

Borrow a TRAC ecu from a known good car and see if that fixes it, I see a lot of duff TRAC and engine control ecu's these days, finding a good one is a nightmare. Doing all the tests to show if the car has other issues causing the light to flash takes ages, so best to check if it;s the ecu's first.

Since mine is facelift vvti model the TRAC control system is incorporated in the engine's ECU and it is controlled by the ECU itself. Since my car is manual TT the ecu is M/T GTE. I have a spare vvti GTE ECU but it is for A/T, but I think I'll try this one, since finding a stock oem TT6 vvti ecu is very difficult.

On 1/6/2023 at 1:43 AM, tayr said:

Solved mine by buying a second hand one. @Nozstill has my old one to fix 

You have a fecelift vvti ecu or pre vvti with it's own trac ecu ? Because a facelift vvti ecu has the TRAC system inside the engine's ECU. 

I have an A/T GTE vvti ecu as a back up to try and see.. My car has M/T GTE vvti facelift ECU but I think it will work, maybe will have +50rpms more at idling with the A/T ECU.

Also waiting fro the OBD2 plug software to connect and maybe I can see some ERROR through that...will see, fingers crossed!

Guys we have to find the solution for this issue, since many owners have encountered the SLIP CONTROL OFF light flashing every 2 seconds. I read many threads with this issue but never found a solid fix , many had the issue fixed by itself or unplugged the TRAC ecu (for the non vvti owners) , but we vvti owners we can't just unplug the engine's ECU.  Anyway, hopefully we will find the bug and post it !

There's a sine to square wave converter module on the back of the speedo housing which can play up, it can cause this issue (especially if it's bypassed with a speedo or top speed delimiter conversion, but that usually manifests itself straight away. The only test is to look at the input to it and the output from it with a two channel oscilloscope, whilst the car is driven. A logging scope or a helper is needed unless you feel confident driving and reading a scope...

I have a home for dead ecu#s here and have stopped driving myself crazy with finding good ones. NO ONE over here has proven to be able to reliably fix AND THEN  test them, although there's a place in the US that some customers have used successfully.

• Like 1