The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Copyright music on youtube video's

ripped_fear

Ok so just gone onto my you tube account and noticed one of my videos from the NEC motor show last year has be muted due to the audio I have used. :( Not very happy as I don't have a backup of the original, so I guess all that work was for nothing, unless there is a way of un-muting it?

Now Im doing another little movie now and dont want the same thing to happen, so how can I use music correctly without breaking these rules, I ask as there are so many videos on youtube and lots of our club videos all use music but dont get muted? Am I doing something wrong, Any help appreciated.

J

Youtube are Nazis for this, it's a case of 'guilty until proven innocent, but even if you're proven innocent we won't do anything to help you'

Even self-made music has been pulled from youtube because it sounds similar to 'popular' music. Best bet is to ask youtube to state what part of the video is breaching the coypright

1 u have to say u dont own the rights to the song and 2 you cant moneyterise the video aslong as you havent added it as being moneyterised (wrong spelling ) there shouldnt be an issue i put videos of gaming all the time with background music and never had this problem u might have just got a n** in the case of reviewing the video to not break there guidelines

If you want to edit the NEC one again. Just use a Youtube downloader to download the video then an editor to add the sound/different song back in?

This is what im going to have to do i think

Pitch shift the music up or down a little bit - a human won't be able to tell the difference, but the blocking algorithm will :)

Good idea, but anoying though as the song I chose should have been fine.

1 u have to say u dont own the rights to the song and 2 you cant moneyterise the video aslong as you havent added it as being moneyterised (wrong spelling ) there shouldnt be an issue i put videos of gaming all the time with background music and never had this problem u might have just got a n** in the case of reviewing the video to not break there guidelines

Yeah it hadnt been moniterise so should have been ok. Oh well.