The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre recommendations

Josh42

Don't say that about the Vredestein Sessantas!! I have them all round on my car too and previously had the 452's! I have used the Vredestein Sessantas on my previous TT Auto and they were superb. Fantastic tyres for all round weather, most quietest, wear well and very predictable! See if you can find a set, just had a quick look on a couple of forums and they looks like only some sizes have discontinued.

I'm driving the Federal on my BMW. The tire is lovely. They have much grip when they're cold too. In the rain i haven't any problems. Its a UHP Tyre not a semi slick. I recommend this tyre to every one. I Drove already 10000km with them and they have now 5mm. They came New with 6,8mm in 225/40/18.

I'm running vredestein ultrac sessanta after reading through previous topics on here,

I find them great for the price, be it the only tyres i have ran, but they really pick up well in the dry and the wet grip is okay, but try not to drive the supra in the wet anyway as they are a bit rear end happy, i do find when really pushing the car through the corners the rear end can loose grip, but its rather progressive and easy to control, this may also be due to the roads i'm driving being quite bumpy (north yorkshire moors) sometimes at speeds probably not to talk about on a public forum (obviously private and closed roads ;) )

again these are the only tyres i have used so do not have great knowledge but i wouldnt have a problem purchasing them again.

Edited by crock (see edit history)

I've got falkens on mine they've been ok haven't had a problem with them but the time has come that I need new tyres and I have decided to try out Goodyear eagle f1 ordered them from camskill

Which ones your ordered Paul?

I'm confused as to which ones are the better tyre as the only difference is fuel efficiency between the two moulds...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b2324s66p105401/Goodyear_Tyres_Car_Goodyear_Eagle_F1_Asymmetric_2_-_265_35_R18_97Y_XL_%28R1%29_FP_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

here is the r1 mould but in the 265/35/18 these are the ones i have, i dont think they do it in the 255/35/18.

i am looking to sell mine if you want, have done very little miles