Orange 6speed Turbo BPU Supra {N-STYLE}

binfieldx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had the car back from Lee @ SRD and had tonnes of work done. Car runs spot on now.

Here is a list of things I had done

Got tonnes more cabling ripped out that didn't need to be there and also a replacement fuel tank and pump. Also had the car put into full TTC mode as it was currently half and half for some reason?!? Strange things you find on imports...

When it was home I installed some new Cree T10's for my sidelights to match my HIDS

I then set out to finally refurb my wiper blades, just need to sort the scuttle panel now.

I finally got around to tidying up my stripped out rear seat delete. Fitting new carpet and re-fitting old plastics. I also decided I want my strut bar on show so made room for that too (excuse all the dog hair).

• 4 months later...
Is that MR2 in the last picture yours? if yes, is it turbo? I've sold my daily recently and waiting for a black rev2 turbo from japan, so I'm looking for any kind of input on what it's like to drive compared to a turbo supra...

Yeah it's mine, unfortunately it's not a turbo as this was the car I had before the supra. I use it as an occasional driver now. It's a really car and I can't fault it at all. Although its not a turbo you can still tell it's a completely different drive to the supra, completely different. With the engine being in the rear the car grips really really well except for in the wet. The sound is great too with it being directly behind your head. You're really low down in the mr2 aswell. Feels kind of like an rx7. I find it much more comfy to drive than my supra although that may be because of the setup of my supra with 19's and a stiff suspension.

Looks so much better with the wing removed.

Really am in two minds with it...I feel the supra needs a wing but when I see it sometimes I think it looks better wingless.

Going for paint in the new year so unsure whether to get the boot smoothed or get the wing done in orange...

Wingless I think looks more modern and generally awesome providing the Supra has a strong colour. Miss my old blue one which was wingless. Get it smoothed over and keep it like that mate.

Few people did say that actually I know what you mean, it kind of fits in with more modern supercars with no wing

Yeah it's mine, unfortunately it's not a turbo as this was the car I had before the supra. I use it as an occasional driver now. It's a really car and I can't fault it at all. Although its not a turbo you can still tell it's a completely different drive to the supra, completely different. With the engine being in the rear the car grips really really well except for in the wet. The sound is great too with it being directly behind your head. You're really low down in the mr2 aswell. Feels kind of like an rx7. I find it much more comfy to drive than my supra although that may be because of the setup of my supra with 19's and a stiff suspension.

thanks for the reply. nice MR2 :) looks clean. I do like that the sitting position is low - it's a good feeling for driving imo :) but if it is even lower compared to the supra, that must be something else altogether!

Really am in two minds with it...I feel the supra needs a wing but when I see it sometimes I think it looks better wingless.

Going for paint in the new year so unsure whether to get the boot smoothed or get the wing done in orange...

Mine has that veilside wing which is somehow hated unanimously by anyone ever, but the thing is, after I did the paintjob and the top blade was painted black, it looks VERY good and fitting. some of my friends who told me to "take that ugly thing off" now said it was really preatty and flowed into the design well. I do think supras are made to have wings and also don't forget that in the rare event you go past certain speed, a good wing will do its job and stabilize the car :)