The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Orange 6speed Turbo BPU Supra {N-STYLE}

binfieldx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This car was purchased with the sole intention of not being the same as 90% of supra out there. It's not going to be OEM style, it's not going to have a TRD wing, it's not going to have a normal front bumper or paint job... It will be something different to create some diversity!:sly: Afterall it's a japanese import and their scene is all about being different and having fun with the car!

My Supra had the same full C2 kit on it as well, just not blended like yours. I thought the Veilside wing looked a bit small on mine but that one makes the rest of the car look small!

For me, I preferred the shape of the C1 bumper which I was going to put on before I sold the Supe to Mike2JZ - it's available if you want it ;)

Where in Surrey are you?

I look forward to seeing you around then as I'm only round the corner in Surbiton!

The bumper is in Woking and I'm in Barbados at the moment. So I can check the condition when I'm back, from what I can remember it is really good condition so keep me posted if you're interested

One thing I will say regarding the mirrors, I had the Ganador mirrors and sold them in favour of OEM. I preferred the look of OEM and the visibility for an every day drive. Now it's used less I really miss the Ganador mirrors :(

Edited by charlton (see edit history)

I'm in New Malden

I know New Malden well also :) I used to live in Roehampton, further up the A3 - Parents still live there so pop by every week sometimes even head to the Big Tesco to have my car cleaned by a swarm of Polish people :D

I look forward to seeing you around then as I'm only round the corner in Surbiton!

The bumper is in Woking and I'm in Barbados at the moment. So I can check the condition when I'm back, from what I can remember it is really good condition so keep me posted if you're interested

One thing I will say regarding the mirrors, I had the Ganador mirrors and sold them in favour of OEM. I preferred the look of OEM and the visibility for an every day drive. Now it's used less I really miss the Ganador mirrors :(

I'll admit I'm growing fonder of the ganador mirrors however I have that issue where the drivers side one doesn't sit flush like the other side and I've heard that's a common issue. Did you ever fix that/have that issue?

- - - Updated - - -

I know New Malden well also :) I used to live in Roehampton, further up the A3 - Parents still live there so pop by every week sometimes even head to the Big Tesco to have my car cleaned by a swarm of Polish people :D

Haha yeah that's the one! they do a pretty good job for £7 to be fair:D

Visited the supra today at the garage, not long till it's home now! I much prefer the look of the supra without the wing. Pretty sure I'm going to keep it like this for the time being it looks so much wider.

Needless to say, the wing was massively huge once I took it off! Surprisingly it was really lightweight :p

...So ofc we had to try it out on my friends celica

Edited by binfieldx (see edit history)

Lovely looking car. Great write up too it's cool to follow you on your journey of the new toy!! Can't believe how big that spoiler was...

Looking forward to watching the progress going to be a stunning car as you improve on what already looks stunning! Bet you can't wait to actually get her home and start playing ;)

Lovely looking car. Great write up too it's cool to follow you on your journey of the new toy!! Can't believe how big that spoiler was...

Looking forward to watching the progress going to be a stunning car as you improve on what already looks stunning! Bet you can't wait to actually get her home and start playing ;)

It probably doesn't help me being a shorty holding on to that wing but nonetheless its definitely one of the biggest wings i've ever seen in person...I've got to get all the mechanical bits sorted out first before I can properly fiddle about with it. It may need a new clutch first off!

Edited by binfieldx (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this in awhile so I though't I'd add a few bits. Still need to finish the import process documentation :rolleyes:.

Had so much fun with this car over the past month but now it's coming off the road for a few weeks whilst I change insurance and go on holiday etc :(

Went to this really good tunnel run with it for it's first proper outing and boy o boy what a car such great power delivery, even with its shoddy tyres and fuel cut still active. Here's a couple of pics

Here's me hunting a V10 BMW M6

And much to everyones delight, I've removed the eyelids and to be fair I do agree it does look 10x better now! I also sanded down the headlights and rotary polished them and they've come up a treat!

Eyelids removed and one headlight sanded/polished compared to other headlight

Edited by binfieldx
typo (see edit history)

Hello mate, lovely car, love the color, thought you said your not having a TRD wing haha.

If you are going back to stock wing mirrors it will be after gandors, just need the mirrors really haha.

Looks great mate. Good work :)

Hello mate, lovely car, love the color, thought you said your not having a TRD wing haha.

If you are going back to stock wing mirrors it will be after gandors, just need the mirrors really haha.

Looks great mate. Good work :)

I'm gonna put my chargespeed back on for a bit then try out a TRD wing just to see :D. Definitely keeping the Ganador's though because they're quite rare :eyebrows:

Good choice mate, anything other than stock and stock TRD are a lot less common :) I like to be different hence my car haha

Completely agree with you mate, exact reason why I bought this supra; to be different from the rest. The chargespeed wing is ridiculous but its suits the needforspeed style of supra so it must go back on :D