The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TTC Mod

berg

Ive snapped one of the barbs off my EGCV VSV, rather than forking out £100 for a new one ive been thinking about trying the TTC mod which will bypass that valve meaning i wont need to buy it

How much louder does this make the exhaust on idle etc?

It depends on your exhaust dude, my Aristo had an HKS hi power and it was noticeably louder. With the egbv open you have 2 manifold outlets open instead of one, in theory, twice the volume.

What part number is the VSV you want? I have a couple of the big ones here.

Its double as loud I would say, drives like s#|t and I just hated it , only tried it for a morning its that poor, but with an after market ecu you can make the most of it , but still not good imho,

Poeple say TTC is like driving a small single turbo but the fact is its more like driving a massive single which cant make power

The one i need is the EGCV #90910-12127 its the smaller one

Heard so many mixed reviews its something id have to try to know myself if i like it, ideally id like a new EGCV VSV just incase it is crap and i can revert back

A non VVTI in TTC is horrible, loads of lag. a VVTI in TTC is lovely, I actually prefer it :)

Anyway dude get me the part number of the VSV, Ill see what I have, definitely have 3 different ones.

Good point, my VVTi is so much nicer to drive around town than the non VVTi, loads of torque.

Been running mine in TTC since TTPaul did it for me on DB v2 last year and love it. I loved the change in exhaust note, but i guess it depends on the exhaust.

I changed it back this afternoon as I think the sudden surge in power was causing my clutch to slip when booting it. There's also a slight flat spot in fueling just before 4k revs which worried me slightly.

Its double as loud I would say, drives like s#|t and I just hated it , only tried it for a morning its that poor, but with an after market ecu you can make the most of it , but still not good imho,

Poeple say TTC is like driving a small single turbo but the fact is its more like driving a massive single which cant make power

I felt the same way when I was TTC, it was like waiting a life time!

I just went TTC on my non VVT TT6..

I had issues with my IACV and EGCV, so while waiting for parts, I swapped to TTC to keep the car running..

There is a definite loss of torque low down, but once both turbo's are online, the performance is the same..

I guess a driving style adjustment is needed to keep the car in boost using the gears..

My car has a double decat and a Kakimoto catback, its very loud..

The plus point for me is that they car is consistent in making 1.2bar, I guess that is due to the old VSV's being stuffed.

Addtionally the car is way lighter on fuel..

I am 50/50 if I will keep it, will get new VSV's and take it from there..