The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need advice about a buying a house and changing my offer.

Al Massey

Is there any piont to the shared drive as it only leads to your garage and none of you can park on it or block it! . I would go and speak with the nabours about it see how they are they might just even agree to sign it over or as said you could just fence your 14 ft off thats plenty to get a car down , and if its yours not much they can say ,

Me and my mrs/wife to be have just bought our first house.we got the keys in November.its our first home as we rented before, im in cheshire. We managed to get a 3bedroom semi detached house,with a drive big enough for 5-6cars,downstairs toilet aswell as up.utility room.and out the back decking and so on.managed to get a repossession and it was £107,850 :). Granted we fell really really lucky...but still if you look hard enough you will get one with its own drive! It would do my box in not being able to just leave my car were I wanted to on the drive,what happens if you start doing a big job on your car and then your neighbour comes home and wants to use the drive..I would defo say find somewhere else.

Is there any piont to the shared drive as it only leads to your garage and none of you can park on it or block it! . I would go and speak with the nabours about it see how they are they might just even agree to sign it over or as said you could just fence your 14 ft off thats plenty to get a car down , and if its yours not much they can say ,

I can't fence it off as both houses have right of way on either owned part of the fence.

It does seem a pointless covenant :/

Me and my mrs/wife to be have just bought our first house.we got the keys in November.its our first home as we rented before, im in cheshire. We managed to get a 3bedroom semi detached house,with a drive big enough for 5-6cars,downstairs toilet aswell as up.utility room.and out the back decking and so on.managed to get a repossession and it was £107,850 :). Granted we fell really really lucky...but still if you look hard enough you will get one with its own drive! It would do my box in not being able to just leave my car were I wanted to on the drive,what happens if you start doing a big job on your car and then your neighbour comes home and wants to use the drive..I would defo say find somewhere else.

We have found loads that had their own drive.

Just none match up to our wanted list or well out of our price range.

The neighbours couldn't use the drive either.

And with regards to doing a big job on the car, that's what the double garage is for, and the drive right in front of it.

It's the gap between the houses.

This house ticks every box for me.

The drive could be an issue down the line, and it does worry me, but everything else is great.

My number one on my list was I wanted a double garage or big enough area to build one.

The missus isn't bothered about the drive, as I can use the garage, park my van in front of it and she can park in front of the house.

And she loves everything about the house.

We've been looking for nearly 2 years.

And one this size doesn't come up very often.

Do you think I could change my offer to a lower amount and learn to live with the drive?

You could probably change your offer, on the basis that this news has come to light that it is shared. but the owners don't have to accept it. Good luck though :) I hope you get the house your look for :)

Only you can say whether you can live with it :p

Have you seen or meet the nabours mate? As they might be old and not like you tinkering in you garage banging about then starting the supra in there will make a hell of a drone in there home same as driving down the drive the deep sound will bounce down between the two houses, so you could well upset them without even knowing it, then it can all turn sour very quickly,

They are older, the supra can't be as bad as 5 kids running around :/

And tough if they don't like me tinkering in the garage really, they can't stop me, or stop me going down the drive lol

I do hope to buy the rest of the drive.

I'm hoping cash will persuade them, if not I will offer some of my garden as well

Parking disputes are the worst al I have no restraint when im flared and someones having me over.The neighbour ended up leaving,me in an assault charge so I was bound over for five years and he moved away...so I guess it sort of sorted itself out,NOT WORTH THE HASSLE ... people can be such a PITA!

I'm in a boundary dispute about a house I am selling right now. Shared access, public rights of way, anything to do with

ramblers wanting access, avoid like them like plague. Especially if you are into cars and want to tinker without mither.

Or is it you that has no fear of plague and ebola? :)

Plague and Ebola don't bother me :)

I know and can easily make far worse bio toxins lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well thanks for all you advice guys.

I decided to walk away from this, now found another house that I think is better :)

The drive is wider, can hold upto 6 cars, double garage too :)

Hopefully the process will be quick and I can move in and get things sorted before summer :)

4 days about 20 years back for a house in Edgeley Stockport, from first viewing to completion, getting the keys, and the start of renovation.

It was a repossession and I didn't bother with a survey or any of the searches.

Good luck with your purchase and move!

I wish it was that quick :/

Cheers