The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quicksilver progress thread - 00' TT Tiptronic Facelift - Yaris wheel fully fitted

cered

Minor update on the steering wheel, I'm quite pleased as I think I've got everything worked out. I'm documenting and building pictures for a guide which I'll post up showing what I've found for anyone looking to do similar things. In the mean time I've attached two pics to show how the 2015 Yaris steering wheel looks (Mine appears to be off the hybrid model with flappy paddles and red stitching, along with audio/phone control - Looks good with the TRD gear knob and leather gaiters I think!)

12140715_10156223987080094_947599745383681612_n.jpg

12118772_10156223987040094_396381198951993520_n.jpg

Minor update on the steering wheel, I'm quite pleased as I think I've got everything worked out. I'm documenting and building pictures for a guide which I'll post up showing what I've found for anyone looking to do similar things. In the mean time I've attached two pics to show how the 2015 Yaris steering wheel looks (Mine appears to be off the hybrid model with flappy paddles and red stitching, along with audio/phone control

Good man :thumbs: watching with great interest :) I think it was the Yaris 'Sport' that got the red stitching and full controls, mine is the same but without the paddle shifters.

Diameter is the same as the supra 3-spoke (I lined them up) but the grip is a lot thicker so probably appears bigger. Falls to hand very nicely though!

Ah cool, thanks for the update. Tried getting an idea of what it was by going through eBay and perving on interiors.

In other news I got myself a new daily-drive, Alfa was getting on a bit and my main commute is in town so it was slowly killing the big diesel. It's very slow but does the job well, getting 44mpg compared to the Alfa's 38 too which is nice.... And it won't cost £500 every time it breaks.

12141779_10156224235845094_5322892497777276531_n.jpg

11059971_10156224235980094_5262266109396134188_n.jpg

12122490_10156224235895094_3267635634803870881_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Flappy paddles wired in and working beautiful, got an airbag for it but unfortunately it's not plug and play despite being the same system (slightly different plug in the airbag) so getting it wired in by an Auto sparky on Saturday.

Luckily I didn't need an adapter made as the clock spring seems to work with the Yaris wheel (indicators autocancel and no functionality lost)

Sadly the buttons I dont think will work without a fair bit of butchering as there's not much space with the Supra's massive clockspring so limited space for feeding wires through. Pics this weekend showing the completed article hopefully

Flappy paddles wired in and working beautiful, got an airbag for it but unfortunately it's not plug and play despite being the same system (slightly different plug in the airbag) so getting it wired in by an Auto sparky on Saturday.

Its probably single versus dual stage i.e. newer models use dual. You can swap the igniter cartridge from the old steering wheel if its the same size?

• 3 weeks later...

About ten minutes before I left to visit Whifbitz for an oil change... Fitted! To say I'm pleased with how I turned out is an understatement...

Paddle shift, horn & as far as I can tell the airbag is working (I don't plan on finding out by crashing it though...). Only thing I haven't done is wired up the steering controls. I was ohoping it'd be a case of rip the loom out of a Yaris and plug it in... but the controls go into the Yaris' clock spring. Not much room behind the Supra wheel but I got a few ideas. Job for after winter.

Bad news though - Whifbitz spotted that I had apprx 2l of coolant missing, and upon arriving home after cycling the top up the expansion tank is still on "Low". Going to get a new rad cap as-per Ian C's thread on the issue and see what happens.

I've also decided to go with a rear seat delete, taken inspiration from a member on here, a Nissan GTR and an RX7 so will see what happens with that.

Nice :cool:

Looks oem, but you're going to need some nice black leather seats to match it now! :D will be interested to hear how you get on with the Yaris paddles. :)

As for the buttons, if an IR remote is available for your stereo, you could get one and with a bit of butchering get it to work with those buttons. The only downside being that you'd have to remove the airbag or wheel to change the battery every so often.

Nice :cool:

Looks oem, but you're going to need some nice black leather seats to match it now! :D will be interested to hear how you get on with the Yaris paddles. :)

As for the buttons, if an IR remote is available for your stereo, you could get one and with a bit of butchering get it to work with those buttons. The only downside being that you'd have to remove the airbag or wheel to change the battery every so often.

Cobra Daytona half leathers in black with red stitching any good? :p (Currently saving for)

That's a good idea but just looked... no IR function :( I'll work it out... somehow... With divine guidance and Toyota wiring diagrams

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Bit bare in terms of updates but hopefully I can get that changed soon. Started applying for new jobs in my company so maybe some more money for the Supra fund. Edited my plans in the original post too, copying to here for too for personal reference and I like ticking things off lists...

#### New Plans

Interior:

- Cobra Daytona front seats in black leather, red stitching and 3d mesh inserts

- Rear seat delete - Leather console with two extra speakers, carpeted either side but flush to the rear door cards. Think of a more Supra-lined/shaped GTR rear seat deal

- Additional to the rear conversion; a single DIN cup holder insert and 12v/USB output or chargers, another hidden 12v for mydashcam

- Topgaiters Doorcards/handles (Black w/ red stitches)

- Topgaiters armrest cover (black w/ red stitches)

- Repair hole in gear surround after deleting alarm keyfob thing

Exterior:

- Treat and seal the underside, looking into alternatives to show off the clean floorpan though. Bilt Hamber are bound to have something

- Active front spoiler

- Top Secret rear diffuser

- AXE CS Lite alloy wheels or maybe a set of forged ones from Whifbitz

- Fiddle with the front indicators so they match the headlights

- LED or HID bulb conversion for headlights

Performance:

- Whifbitz throttle conversion for cruise control and throttle blipping (I love it, don't ask) & improving the throttle

- SMIC

- New turbo piping, not a fan of the alloy

- Red-Dot 6 groove front brake disks

Looks nice

Any pics on the wiring for airbag and paddles ?

No pics I'm afraid, got a bit too into it when doing the actual wiring. But it is very straight forward - For the paddles it was a case of matching up the wiring as best as possible with the loom plug butchered off a Supra wheel and trial/error. (black wire to black, blue to blue, brown to brown. Then poking the wires into the plug in the correct order)

As for the airbag I just had to splice the two Supra wires and two airbag wires together, red to red, and blue/yellow to black/yellow. Hasn't blown up in my face when I press the horn but suppose the real test is if I crash into something...

I'll send you some pics & images when I'm home with a better write up too

Unfortunately mate, you need a Syvecs S6 plus for the Whifbitz DBW conversion, and it won't do throttle blipping on the tiptronic box :cry:

How are you getting on with the Yaris wheel?

Dammit! I love me some epic downshifts :( Haven't had much time to fiddle if I'm honest, but I have worked out how I'll go about getting the buttons working. My current theory on it is to buy a Connects2 radio harness loom thing, get a map of the wiring and then splice some long wires onto the harness and splice the wires directly into the steering wheel's button wiring.

I'll then heat-shrink the length of wiring, curling the wrapped wire around a metal pole to create the coiled type wire that extends as it's pulled. I'll then feed the wire through the steering column drill a small hole through the bottom and feed it into the steering wheel. about 1inch of wire will show but only if you look under the steering column - unable to put it through the steering wheel through the clock spring due to lack of space. We shall have to see...

Edited by cered (see edit history)