The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed wiring a sub and amp.

ripped_fear

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad it's working mate. To be honest I should have did that on the first attempt but laziness and tiredness got the best of me lol. You don't owe me anything mate that's what the forum is for, I've had more than my fair share of help over just the last few months.

If you get those cables I mentioned to split the feed (the y adapters) you can double the power going to the sub by using 2 channels from the amp. Bump the post if/when you get them and I'll go through swapping the connection over, it's a doddle.... just the 1 wire :)

Brillaint thanks mate, I very happy with how it sounds, just fitted it into the box. going to have a play with the equaliser settings now to get the best sound.

One thing that's odd is my Ariel has now just stopped working :rolleyes:

Was it working with the headunit? Aftermarket stereos sometimes need tweaked to work with the stock wiring.

The after market head unit has been installed for nearly 4 years, it just stopped extending when I was flicking the ignition on checking various wire combinations on the sub. I guessed it had just came unplugged from the HU. Seems to be wired in ok though.

Hmmm that's a strange one. I would check the fuses in case one has popped. It's usually the remote wire (blue) that works the aerial I believe.

Hmmm that's a strange one. I would check the fuses in case one has popped. It's usually the remote wire (blue) that works the aerial I believe.

The same one that is now going to the amp? That was wired to anything previously. strange.

It diesnt help that my stereo wiring looks like spaghetti junction. Bloody previous owner in Japan I think.

The same one that is now going to the amp? That was wired to anything previously. strange.

It diesnt help that my stereo wiring looks like spaghetti junction. Bloody previous owner in Japan I think.

Hi mate, it won't be the actual one going to the amp, but I believe the harness at the other end will have the blue wire going into it also (the plug that connects to your stereo likely uses an ISO adapter).

First port of call is definitely the fuses. Take it from there :)

• 1 year later...
If you get those cables I mentioned to split the feed (the y adapters) you can double the power going to the sub by using 2 channels from the amp. Bump the post if/when you get them and I'll go through swapping the connection over, it's a doddle.... just the 1 wire :)

Scott, I will shortly own this set up, Can you inform me how to do the above please.