The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed wiring a sub and amp.

ripped_fear

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excelent cheers, what conductor size would i need? Also im guessing i split the wire and just use one stand for each bridge

Indeed.

If it were me doing it, I would go with 4mm for the voice coil connections and 6mm from the sub to the amp. This can add up quickly as it's expensive cable. There are much cheaper alternatives that you could buy. I just thought the stuff looked good :D

1 metre should suffice for it all. could one size be used for it all?

Yeah there shouldn't be an issue with that. I would always factor in a bit of wiggle room so I would always go with 2m. 4mm should be plenty for what you're looking for :)

Ok so attempted to get stuck into this, the amp is now powering up but no audio from the sub. I used the wire advised to string the sub terminal together as stated in previous post but used the blue half of the wire for the W4(SUB) to A3(AMP) side, where as I used the red for the rest. would this be the reason?

Ok so attempted to get stuck into this, the amp is now powering up but no audio from the sub. I used the wire advised to string the sub terminal together as stated in previous post but used the blue half of the wire for the W4(SUB) to A3(AMP) side, where as I used the red for the rest. would this be the reason?

Can you take some pics bud? Showing what's wired in on the amp and also showing how the sub is wired.

Cheers

What swap both over.

You should have a cable in A2 going to the sub, nothing should be in A3. Take the cable out of A2 and put it into A3 (with he amp off) :)

Edit: Wait, it's A1... not A2 lol. Take it out of A1 and put it into A4.

Lol too late and dark for this :D

Will try tomorrow, but you think I should think I should try-

A4(AMP) to R2(SUB)

W4(SUB) to A3(AMP)

Yes, and also try R2 to A3 and W4 to A4. If that doesn't work then there's something wrong somewhere. Need some wiring pics to reference from, or a wiring diagram.

Yes, and also try R2 to A3 and W4 to A4. If that doesn't work then there's something wrong somewhere. Need some wiring pics to reference from, or a wiring diagram.

Make sure the settings on the amp are right too (little knob things).

Hahaha, you need the 4 channels for it to work the way you had it wired initially. I maybe should have mentioned that. If you take out the RCA plugs and put them in the other channel it'll work fine :)

You'll need either another RCA cable to power the second pair of channels or a set of splitters to split the channels across the 4.