The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lady reveresed into my supra this morning any advise?

supra_24

Yep all sent to me via text ;)

So it seems I maybe in a good position to go either way now.

I'm having the cars front inspected by Horsham Developments Monday afternoon just to make sure there are no other issues caused.

As said when I had a good look all seemed to be ok.

Sorted ;)

I would recommend going with insurance incase she tries anything on again, as she sounds like the type who would from things she's already said.

However, just a heads up and something to bare in mind..... If you go through insurance, your renewal premium will go up by a small amount even if she is 100% at fault whether by her own admission or by insurance companies decision.

This happened to me after a woman drove into the back of me a few years back. She admitted she was 100% to blame and all repairs went through insurance fine. Then when my renewal came it had gone up . I questioned it and my insurer told me it was because I'd been involved in an accident. I went nuts and said that she had admitted fault and I'd been stationary. They said it didn't matter, as once you've been in an accident, whether you are to blame or not, you are considered to be a 'higher risk' to insurance companies . Also you have to declare it by law for 5 years and this info is held on the insurance database , so going to another company doesn't help. I researched this after being told and sure enough it's true. It's crazy and so unfair!

Cheers for the advise. I'm gonna get a quote tomorrow morning for the bumper so I can send off to insurer.

I have also had another good look at the car this evening to make sure no fluids are leaking etc.

I did however notice that the body kit due to it being pushed back has dented in some of my radiator at the top. Should I also add this to the claim as it was brand new a few months back?

Regards

Ash

Cheers for the advise. I'm gonna get a quote tomorrow morning for the bumper so I can send off to insurer.

I have also had another good look at the car this evening to make sure no fluids are leaking etc.

I did however notice that the body kit due to it being pushed back has dented in some of my radiator at the top. Should I also add this to the claim as it was brand new a few months back?

Regards

Ash

Yes, it wasn't your fault she can't drive.

Good point re coming renew time.

Police don't get involved in accidents unless someone is injured as far as i'm aware

A dash cam is what you need these days

So so true. You only have to look at YouTube for the scams and silliness.

What was said at the scene of the accident is completely irelivant. What you put on paper or say over the phone as a statement of evens to your insurer is ALL AND ONLY what is taken into account.

Put simply unless she tells HER insurance that she backed into you then they will find in her favour.

If she doesn't the. You need evidence by way of CCTV, dash cam or a witness.

Without any of these then it'll go against you and no amount of protesting will make a difference.

Sry to be the barer of bad news, I speak from experience.

My situation was that a car in front of me had stopped blocking a T junction, being friendly the guy in front reversed back to let a car out as we were sitting at lights, he didn't look behind him and hit me.

Decent bloke exchanging details and all his fault etc.

on paper, he said that he stopped and I didn't.

Put yourself in the seat of the person at your insurance company, having heard all strange excuses in the world ... Yours won't be the first nor the last but, yet again, with out evidence you'll lose this one buddy.

If she admits to her own insurer that she was reversing down a main road then you'll win hands down, a few years ago I (foolishly) reversed when the car infront of me has started reversing and bumped a jag at about 5mph, as soon as I admitted I'd been reversing down a main road, it was my fault :/

So so true. You only have to look at YouTube for the scams and silliness.

What was said at the scene of the accident is completely irelivant. What you put on paper or say over the phone as a statement of evens to your insurer is ALL AND ONLY what is taken into account.

Put simply unless she tells HER insurance that she backed into you then they will find in her favour.

If she doesn't the. You need evidence by way of CCTV, dash cam or a witness.

Without any of these then it'll go against you and no amount of protesting will make a difference.

Sry to be the barer of bad news, I speak from experience.

My situation was that a car in front of me had stopped blocking a T junction, being friendly the guy in front reversed back to let a car out as we were sitting at lights, he didn't look behind him and hit me.

Decent bloke exchanging details and all his fault etc.

on paper, he said that he stopped and I didn't.

Put yourself in the seat of the person at your insurance company, having heard all strange excuses in the world ... Yours won't be the first nor the last but, yet again, with out evidence you'll lose this one buddy.

His got text messages providing her quotes for repair, hopefully some admittance is in them to aid his side but you are completely right on every point, sorry to hear you got shafted, appears to be the problem ever since the HUGE premium increases.

Back in the day you had an accident & it was quickly sorted with little increase on insurance the following year. These days people plough into cars and then drive off due to fear of having to pay hundreds of pounds extra for nearly 5 years.

No witness's can leave you high and dry, your word against theirs

This generally. But if she has admitted responsibility by text then I would play on that. I would also explain that you are reporting her for insurance fraud if she doesn't admit what she has done to the insurance.

I would get into a text or e-mail conversation with her about the damage, play the innocent party and ask her how she plans to fix your car. Hopefully she will provide enough rope to hang herself.

Taking pictures is good in the absence of a dash cam - especially one showing the road positions of the vehicles.

We used to have a camera in the glove box of the work's van as the company insurance wouldn't do anything without pictures of damage and the scene.

Dash cams actually show what the sequence of events are - and are unfortunately becoming a necessary windscreen accessory :(